- This Kickstarter needs $4,000 to digitally erase the rat from ‘The Departed’ 4 Years Ago
- Welcome to Bernie 2020 Twitter, same as Bernie 2016 Twitter 4 Years Ago
- Bernie Sanders memes resurface after 2020 bid announcement Today 6:27 AM
- How to survive and thrive in Metro Exodus Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Survivor’ for free Today 5:30 AM
- The simple way to connect Apple TV and HomePod Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid online for free Today 5:00 AM
- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
Niels Klimm/Flickr (CC-BY)
These cats can’t even. They just can’t. Even.
Every cat owner knows that on the grand scale of things cats hate, being hugged by their human falls somewhere in between taking a bath and being slowly skinned alive by a dull nail file. Yet despite the fact that cats despise any form of physical affection whatsoever, humans continue to hug them, because we don’t care and because it feels really, really good. That’s why we have National #HugYourCatDay, a holiday devoted to the act of embracing our favorite felines—whether they want to be hugged or not.
In honor of this completely one-sided holiday, we bring you photos of cats that don’t want to be hugged and the humans who love to hug them.
This cat hates it.
A post shared by Kelly Warne (@kellyawarne) on
This cat hates it so much that if he had opposable thumbs, he would use them to grab you by the throat and slowly throttle you till your last breath quietly slipped out of your body.
A post shared by Velvet Underground (@velvetundergroundishness) on
This cat hates your lips and it hates you.
This cat manages to be both oily and have more dandruff than a 90-year-old man at a bus stop. Nonetheless, it still thinks it’s hotter than you, and it wants you to get your grubby paws off of it.
A post shared by Jenna Veit (@jennaveit) on
…OK, yeah, this cat has chill. He’s cool with it.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.