- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Monday 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Monday 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Monday 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Monday 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Monday 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Monday 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Monday 11:58 AM
Niels Klimm/Flickr (CC-BY)
These cats can’t even. They just can’t. Even.
Every cat owner knows that on the grand scale of things cats hate, being hugged by their human falls somewhere in between taking a bath and being slowly skinned alive by a dull nail file. Yet despite the fact that cats despise any form of physical affection whatsoever, humans continue to hug them, because we don’t care and because it feels really, really good. That’s why we have National #HugYourCatDay, a holiday devoted to the act of embracing our favorite felines—whether they want to be hugged or not.
In honor of this completely one-sided holiday, we bring you photos of cats that don’t want to be hugged and the humans who love to hug them.
This cat hates it.
A post shared by Kelly Warne (@kellyawarne) on
This cat hates it so much that if he had opposable thumbs, he would use them to grab you by the throat and slowly throttle you till your last breath quietly slipped out of your body.
A post shared by Velvet Underground (@velvetundergroundishness) on
This cat hates your lips and it hates you.
This cat manages to be both oily and have more dandruff than a 90-year-old man at a bus stop. Nonetheless, it still thinks it’s hotter than you, and it wants you to get your grubby paws off of it.
A post shared by Jenna Veit (@jennaveit) on
…OK, yeah, this cat has chill. He’s cool with it.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.