- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out 5 Years Ago
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Today 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
Every cat owner knows that on the grand scale of things cats hate, being hugged by their human falls somewhere in between taking a bath and being slowly skinned alive by a dull nail file. Yet despite the fact that cats despise any form of physical affection whatsoever, humans continue to hug them, because we don’t care and because it feels really, really good. That’s why we have National #HugYourCatDay, a holiday devoted to the act of embracing our favorite felines—whether they want to be hugged or not.
In honor of this completely one-sided holiday, we bring you photos of cats that don’t want to be hugged and the humans who love to hug them.
This cat hates it.
A post shared by Kelly Warne (@kellyawarne) on
This cat hates it so much that if he had opposable thumbs, he would use them to grab you by the throat and slowly throttle you till your last breath quietly slipped out of your body.
A post shared by Velvet Underground (@velvetundergroundishness) on
This cat hates your lips and it hates you.
This cat manages to be both oily and have more dandruff than a 90-year-old man at a bus stop. Nonetheless, it still thinks it’s hotter than you, and it wants you to get your grubby paws off of it.
A post shared by Jenna Veit (@jennaveit) on
…OK, yeah, this cat has chill. He’s cool with it.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.