- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube 4 Years Ago
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays 4 Years Ago
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday 4 Years Ago
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Today 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Today 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Today 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Today 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Today 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Today 12:17 PM
- Why this wild Trump resignation conspiracy theory really makes a lot of sense Today 12:14 PM
- (Likely fake) photo of people having sex on Great Pyramid sparks international outrage Today 12:07 PM
- This gay Black furry is esports’ player of the year—and he’s teaching the far-right a lesson Today 12:04 PM
- Poster for ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie sparks memes Today 11:54 AM
- Gritty, seal with eel top Twitter’s choices for Trump’s next chief of staff Today 11:36 AM
- Police forcefully yank one-year-old baby from mother’s arms during arrest Today 10:41 AM
Niels Klimm/Flickr (CC-BY)
These cats can’t even. They just can’t. Even.
Every cat owner knows that on the grand scale of things cats hate, being hugged by their human falls somewhere in between taking a bath and being slowly skinned alive by a dull nail file. Yet despite the fact that cats despise any form of physical affection whatsoever, humans continue to hug them, because we don’t care and because it feels really, really good. That’s why we have National #HugYourCatDay, a holiday devoted to the act of embracing our favorite felines—whether they want to be hugged or not.
In honor of this completely one-sided holiday, we bring you photos of cats that don’t want to be hugged and the humans who love to hug them.
This cat hates it.
A post shared by Kelly Warne (@kellyawarne) on
This cat hates it so much that if he had opposable thumbs, he would use them to grab you by the throat and slowly throttle you till your last breath quietly slipped out of your body.
A post shared by Velvet Underground (@velvetundergroundishness) on
This cat hates your lips and it hates you.
This cat manages to be both oily and have more dandruff than a 90-year-old man at a bus stop. Nonetheless, it still thinks it’s hotter than you, and it wants you to get your grubby paws off of it.
A post shared by Jenna Veit (@jennaveit) on
…OK, yeah, this cat has chill. He’s cool with it.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.