- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it 4 Years Ago
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing 4 Years Ago
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
Niels Klimm/Flickr (CC-BY)
These cats can’t even. They just can’t. Even.
Every cat owner knows that on the grand scale of things cats hate, being hugged by their human falls somewhere in between taking a bath and being slowly skinned alive by a dull nail file. Yet despite the fact that cats despise any form of physical affection whatsoever, humans continue to hug them, because we don’t care and because it feels really, really good. That’s why we have National #HugYourCatDay, a holiday devoted to the act of embracing our favorite felines—whether they want to be hugged or not.
In honor of this completely one-sided holiday, we bring you photos of cats that don’t want to be hugged and the humans who love to hug them.
This cat hates it.
A post shared by Kelly Warne (@kellyawarne) on
This cat hates it so much that if he had opposable thumbs, he would use them to grab you by the throat and slowly throttle you till your last breath quietly slipped out of your body.
A post shared by Velvet Underground (@velvetundergroundishness) on
This cat hates your lips and it hates you.
This cat manages to be both oily and have more dandruff than a 90-year-old man at a bus stop. Nonetheless, it still thinks it’s hotter than you, and it wants you to get your grubby paws off of it.
A post shared by Jenna Veit (@jennaveit) on
…OK, yeah, this cat has chill. He’s cool with it.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.