- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Hillary Clinton burned by barista featured on her Instagram account
The 2016 presidential race has given us plenty of opportunities to laugh, squirm, gasp, and more. From an audience asked to clap by failed candidate Jeb Bush to people arguing that Bernie Sanders is the Zodiac Killer (assuming Ted Cruz isn’t), there’s been a steady stream of highly entertaining nonsense.
International Business Times‘ Brendan James has preserved the disaster on Twitter: Clinton’s social team posted a picture of the candidate with a barista and geotagged the snapshot at Avalon International Breads in Detroit. The original caption read: “Inspired by the women who started @AvalonBakery. Highly recommend the coffee, too.”
But the woman in the photo didn’t appreciate being a Clinton prop. She commented, “That’s me and I’m voting Bernie. I’d like it if you took the pic down.”
Clinton’s social team has since edited the picture’s caption to “Highly recommend the coffee at Astro” and updated the location to “Detroit, Michigan.” That’s because they screwed up in more ways than one: The photo wasn’t taken at Avalon Bakery but Astro Coffee. And the photo is still up despite the barista requesting its removal.
Hillary, I highly recommend you listen to this woman, because the Berners are coming after you.
Comments on the photo have since swirled into a frenzy of Clinton supporters versus Bernie lovers. Others have demanded that the Clinton campaign #freejill and supported the barista with the hashtag #imwithjill.
Meanwhile, James reminded us that a similar encounter went down between Rahm Emanuel and a man who wasn’t a fan of the Chicago mayor.
Looks like Hillary’s getting finely roasted—just like those coffee beans.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.