- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
Hillary Clinton burned by barista featured on her Instagram account
The 2016 presidential race has given us plenty of opportunities to laugh, squirm, gasp, and more. From an audience asked to clap by failed candidate Jeb Bush to people arguing that Bernie Sanders is the Zodiac Killer (assuming Ted Cruz isn’t), there’s been a steady stream of highly entertaining nonsense.
International Business Times‘ Brendan James has preserved the disaster on Twitter: Clinton’s social team posted a picture of the candidate with a barista and geotagged the snapshot at Avalon International Breads in Detroit. The original caption read: “Inspired by the women who started @AvalonBakery. Highly recommend the coffee, too.”
But the woman in the photo didn’t appreciate being a Clinton prop. She commented, “That’s me and I’m voting Bernie. I’d like it if you took the pic down.”
Clinton’s social team has since edited the picture’s caption to “Highly recommend the coffee at Astro” and updated the location to “Detroit, Michigan.” That’s because they screwed up in more ways than one: The photo wasn’t taken at Avalon Bakery but Astro Coffee. And the photo is still up despite the barista requesting its removal.
Hillary, I highly recommend you listen to this woman, because the Berners are coming after you.
Comments on the photo have since swirled into a frenzy of Clinton supporters versus Bernie lovers. Others have demanded that the Clinton campaign #freejill and supported the barista with the hashtag #imwithjill.
Meanwhile, James reminded us that a similar encounter went down between Rahm Emanuel and a man who wasn’t a fan of the Chicago mayor.
Looks like Hillary’s getting finely roasted—just like those coffee beans.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.