- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Thursday 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Thursday 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Thursday 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Thursday 11:06 AM
Although they did not attract as much attention as the crowded and raucous Republican primary debates, the Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton showdowns on the left were as equally contentious and fractious.
In her new book What Happened, Clinton addresses her fight for the Democratic nomination with Sanders, referencing his constant one-upmanship of her policy points, making promises she believed he couldn’t actually deliver on.
To point out what she thought was the absurdity of Sanders’ actions, she used the example of Harland Williams’s deranged hitchhiker in There’s Something About Mary and his idea to best the 8-Minute Abs franchise with his own 7-Minute Abs series.
After the frustrating experience, Clinton writes that she found solace in a viral Facebook post.
SWEET JESUS HILLARY HAS NO MERCY! God I love this. pic.twitter.com/FZomIui7t0— Adam (@itsAdamJSmith) September 4, 2017
Stickler said she was honored that her meme was included in What Happened.
“I am amazed to find out that Hillary included my #ponygate meme in her upcoming book,” she wrote on Facebook. “I gave it to her in a private note in May 2016, but she may have seen it around virally. So proud, for myself and the other ladies (and one gent) who contributed to the original thread that it came from!”
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]