- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
Hillary Clinton didn’t mention Harambe in her acceptance speech and Twitter isn’t happy
Not a single mention.
Hillary Clinton went for Donald Trump in her historic acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention Thursday night as she officially became the first woman to win the presidential nomination of a major U.S. political party.
During her time on stage, Clinton covered a lot of ground. Trump attacks aside, she discussed gun control, women’s rights and LGBT rights, the economy, making college affordable, mental health care, systematic racism, ISIS, and she even worked in a Hamilton reference. But some people watching at home noticed at least one important topic missing from Clinton’s speech.
What about Harambe?
While some held out hope, Clinton’s speech didn’t include a single mention of Harambe, the beloved gorilla who became a Weird Twitter meme after his death in May.
Hillary needs to mention Harambe in her speech tonight if she wants Independents and moderate Republicans to vote for her.
— David Block (@davidraider88) July 29, 2016
Hillary throwing shots at twitter users earlier in her speech gonna cost her votes unless she works Harambe into it
— Paul #TeamMarie (@paulbensonsucks) July 29, 2016
if hillary truly wants to win the younger audience, literally all she has to do is say “dicks out for Harambe” to close off this speech
— greek biker 4 trump (@sweettinyboy) July 29, 2016
Harambe’s presence Thursday night was sorely lacking. But soon enough, people started to tweet fake Clinton speech quotes with Harambe to make him part of the historic night.
Mad scientist brings Harambe’s dead body back to life to endorse Hillary Clinton at DNC to outshine Trump’s Chachi endorsement
— fart bong (@HELLSHRIMP) July 29, 2016
Publicly encouraging all my friends to vote for hillary while secretly writing in harambe on election day to ease my guilty conscience
— emi (@plantblogger) July 29, 2016
Don’t lose hope just yet. If Clinton wins in November, she’ll have another four years to bring up Harambe in a speech.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.