- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
This hamster is just like us, unable to get off the wheel of life
This is how life gets turned upside down.
Anybody who’s stuck running in the rat race can relate to the video below. You’re moving along just fine, simply going with the flow. You’re on the escalator of life, and it’s smoothly bringing you to your ultimate destination. It might not be fun, but it’s consistent and steady. Really, who could ask for more?
And then disaster strikes. The rats you’re racing turn on you to devour you whole. The flow with which you were going has suddenly become an upstream current that is pushing you to the places you don’t want to be. The escalator has stopped, throwing you into chaos.
That is what happens to the hamster on the hamster wheel in the video below.
My older brother that works at petsmart just casually sent me this video pic.twitter.com/m7PG1kfcyJ
— Miranduh⛄️ (@_missmiranduh) July 26, 2017
Is this real? How did the older brother working at PetSmart know to film the exact moment when the hamster’s world turned upside down? How often does the hamster get stuck like this?
None of that really matters, of course, because the hamster represents all of us. We’re hanging on to a handrail, thoughtlessly pushed there by some other asshole, and we have to hold on for dear life.
Then, if we’re unlucky enough to survive, we get back on the hamster wheel and do it all over again.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.