- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
The meme for people who miss Vines.
Halloween is only a week away. If you’re in a relationship, that means you’re probably deciding whether or not to coordinate costumes with your partner. But how do you stand out from the sea of ordinary couples costumes? The internet started coming up with ideas—several of which are based on old Vine clips.
There’s Walmart rat.
Thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.
a couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/UM5zN384pC— lil spooky nut (@glitterytiddies) October 21, 2017
You could do birthday gift.
Guys who play guitar.
A couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/Zxn2rX5Kio— The Don (@JackedYoTweets) October 22, 2017
And a bunch of others.
couples halloween costume pic.twitter.com/K9Ik4yzlqh— RAWTOBER (@ejnoodles) October 21, 2017
How about Bible study?
couples costume ideas pic.twitter.com/JOrKIXy3CU— ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ (@dangolivia) October 23, 2017
Vine couples costume idea (I was inspired) pic.twitter.com/7WtS0GWPdj— Simboku (@SimbokuLeon) October 19, 2017
Idiot sandwich is an excellent choice.
Couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/XBCeBZUEC1— azúcar morena (@Iizardbreath) October 21, 2017
Even though Twitter announced that it would kill Vine a year ago, people are clearly still attached to the short-form video service. And its archive.
I want a compilation of every couples costume idea based on a vine please and thanks https://t.co/SeRbPRHIq2— WhatsApp Ricky (@bergeronprocess) October 22, 2017
ppl all comin up with vine couples costume ideas leavin out all the single folks, heres one pic.twitter.com/CxgSwXGSnM— fleur❄ (@fleurmariex) October 22, 2017
these vine referenced couples costume ideas have to be my favorite thing on twitter at the moment— kara (@_karaaa__) October 23, 2017
your: jim and pam couples costume— paprika (@Sophia_Lyons) October 23, 2017
me, an intellectual: any vine reference as a couples costume
If you do decide to convince your partner to dress up as a Vine reference, you may have to explain your costumes to every single person at a party. But at least you won’t be another Sandy and Danny.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.