- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
- Did BTS fans really cause TikTok to crash? (updated) Friday 11:08 AM
- People are selling homemade tampons on Etsy Friday 11:01 AM
- ‘Hunters’ review: Amazon’s Nazi-hunting series was a great idea, in theory Friday 10:47 AM
Halloween is only a week away. If you’re in a relationship, that means you’re probably deciding whether or not to coordinate costumes with your partner. But how do you stand out from the sea of ordinary couples costumes? The internet started coming up with ideas—several of which are based on old Vine clips.
There’s Walmart rat.
Thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.
a couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/UM5zN384pC— lil spooky nut (@glitterytiddies) October 21, 2017
You could do birthday gift.
Guys who play guitar.
A couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/Zxn2rX5Kio— The Don (@JackedYoTweets) October 22, 2017
And a bunch of others.
couples halloween costume pic.twitter.com/K9Ik4yzlqh— RAWTOBER (@ejnoodles) October 21, 2017
How about Bible study?
couples costume ideas pic.twitter.com/JOrKIXy3CU— ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ (@dangolivia) October 23, 2017
Vine couples costume idea (I was inspired) pic.twitter.com/7WtS0GWPdj— Simboku (@SimbokuLeon) October 19, 2017
Idiot sandwich is an excellent choice.
Couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/XBCeBZUEC1— azúcar morena (@Iizardbreath) October 21, 2017
Even though Twitter announced that it would kill Vine a year ago, people are clearly still attached to the short-form video service. And its archive.
I want a compilation of every couples costume idea based on a vine please and thanks https://t.co/SeRbPRHIq2— WhatsApp Ricky (@bergeronprocess) October 22, 2017
ppl all comin up with vine couples costume ideas leavin out all the single folks, heres one pic.twitter.com/CxgSwXGSnM— fleur❄ (@fleurmariex) October 22, 2017
these vine referenced couples costume ideas have to be my favorite thing on twitter at the moment— kara (@_karaaa__) October 23, 2017
your: jim and pam couples costume— paprika (@Sophia_Lyons) October 23, 2017
me, an intellectual: any vine reference as a couples costume
If you do decide to convince your partner to dress up as a Vine reference, you may have to explain your costumes to every single person at a party. But at least you won’t be another Sandy and Danny.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.