- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls 1 Year Ago
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies 1 Year Ago
- 12 underrated Netflix comedy specials you should watch now 1 Year Ago
- Debunking the biggest Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez conspiracy theories Today 6:30 AM
- How to make calls on Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
The meme for people who miss Vines.
Halloween is only a week away. If you’re in a relationship, that means you’re probably deciding whether or not to coordinate costumes with your partner. But how do you stand out from the sea of ordinary couples costumes? The internet started coming up with ideas—several of which are based on old Vine clips.
There’s Walmart rat.
Thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.
a couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/UM5zN384pC
— lil spooky nut (@glitterytiddies) October 21, 2017
You could do birthday gift.
Guys who play guitar.
A couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/Zxn2rX5Kio
— The Don (@JackedYoTweets) October 22, 2017
And a bunch of others.
couples halloween costume pic.twitter.com/K9Ik4yzlqh
— RAWTOBER (@ejnoodles) October 21, 2017
How about Bible study?
couples costume ideas pic.twitter.com/JOrKIXy3CU
— ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ (@dangolivia) October 23, 2017
Vine couples costume idea (I was inspired) pic.twitter.com/7WtS0GWPdj
— Simboku (@SimbokuLeon) October 19, 2017
Idiot sandwich is an excellent choice.
Couples costume idea pic.twitter.com/XBCeBZUEC1
— azúcar morena (@Iizardbreath) October 21, 2017
Even though Twitter announced that it would kill Vine a year ago, people are clearly still attached to the short-form video service. And its archive.
I want a compilation of every couples costume idea based on a vine please and thanks https://t.co/SeRbPRHIq2
— WhatsApp Ricky (@bergeronprocess) October 22, 2017
ppl all comin up with vine couples costume ideas leavin out all the single folks, heres one pic.twitter.com/CxgSwXGSnM
— fleur❄ (@fleurmariex) October 22, 2017
these vine referenced couples costume ideas have to be my favorite thing on twitter at the moment
— kara (@_karaaa__) October 23, 2017
your: jim and pam couples costume
me, an intellectual: any vine reference as a couples costume
— paprika (@Sophia_Lyons) October 23, 2017
If you do decide to convince your partner to dress up as a Vine reference, you may have to explain your costumes to every single person at a party. But at least you won’t be another Sandy and Danny.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.