- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Halloween will be here in a little more than three weeks, so if you’re not already thinking about your costume or haven’t begun serious negotiations with your soul about appropriate outfits, it’s time to start planning.
If you don’t have the motivation to come up with your own idea, and you don’t want to go as a meme, you can always go with one of the outfits celebrating the ups and downs of 2015. Here are just a couple of examples of what you’ll find out there.
The website selling this costume never refers to Clock Boy as Ahmed Mohamed, the teenager who was arrested last month after bringing a clock to school. Regardless, it’s clearly him. The costume comes with an aluminum case, clock guts, clear glasses, a NASA shirt, and, naturally, handcuffs.
Megyn Kelly, as imagined by Donald Trump
You didn’t think we’d leave out a Donald Trump reference, did you? The hottest costume among Republican primary voters this Halloween is Fox News host Megyn Kelly, who pressed Trump with such tough questions at the first GOP debate that he later publicly wondered whether she had been menstruating at the time.
This costume includes a tunic designed to look like a tampon with a string (“one size fits most”) and fake blood. A microphone is not included.
Still not sure about your Halloween costume?
In case you need other ideas, Saturday Night Live had some good thoughts about people from the summer whom we’ll never hear from again.
Update 4:58pm CT, Oct. 7: Seems the Ahmed Mohamed costume has already been pulled from Costumeish, though you could certainly make your own at home—just like Mohamed would!
The Megyn Kelly tampon costume is, of course, still available.
Photo via Derek Σωκράτης Finch/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.