- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Tuesday 12:28 PM
Here’s the GOP celebrating the passage of the AHCA—notice anything strange?
If not, here’s a clue, via BuzzFeed Video Producer Amanda Holland. Some of these dudes look pretty damn similar.
That Photoshopped face that appears on every GOP member except for Trump is that of Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), an influential member of the House Freedom Caucus. As Holland points out, Meadows is actually standing over Trump’s right shoulder. The rest of the members shown in the photo are white males without a woman or a person of color anywhere to be found.
Sure, there were female representatives at the celebration, as pointed out by this CNN story, but they just weren’t plentiful enough to be included in the space directly around Trump.
Holland’s trick seemed to work on some of her followers.
@AwkwardHolland Honestly, it took me a solid minute to tell whether you did or not.— Amos Posner (@AmosPosner) May 4, 2017
But this game isn’t only for the Mark Meadows of the world.
Vice President Mike Pence’s face works just as well.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.