- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
If not, here’s a clue, via BuzzFeed Video Producer Amanda Holland. Some of these dudes look pretty damn similar.
That Photoshopped face that appears on every GOP member except for Trump is that of Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), an influential member of the House Freedom Caucus. As Holland points out, Meadows is actually standing over Trump’s right shoulder. The rest of the members shown in the photo are white males without a woman or a person of color anywhere to be found.
Sure, there were female representatives at the celebration, as pointed out by this CNN story, but they just weren’t plentiful enough to be included in the space directly around Trump.
Holland’s trick seemed to work on some of her followers.
@AwkwardHolland Honestly, it took me a solid minute to tell whether you did or not.— Amos Posner (@AmosPosner) May 4, 2017
But this game isn’t only for the Mark Meadows of the world.
Vice President Mike Pence’s face works just as well.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.