- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
This man ran the London Marathon dressed as a giant pair of testicles
Want to raise awareness for male cancer? Running as a giant pair of testicles is a good place to start.
Twenty-two-year-old British student Jack Woodward ran with 38,000 people in the London Marathon on Sunday, but he was, in all likelihood, the only competitor to complete the race in a giant testicle costume:
Woodward participated in the event as a smiling scrotum to help raise awareness for testicular cancer, which his close friend, Rob Harris, succumbed to last year at the age of 21. The Mr. Testicles character has grown quite a fan base over the years, and had some ardent supporters at the marathon to cheer Woodward on:
Woodward has set up a fundraising campaign in Harris’ honor, although the Mr. Testicles itself is a bit like James Bond—many people have played the awareness-raising character over the years, as he’s a mascot of the Male Cancer Awareness Campaign. Here’s footage of Mr. Testicles warming up a Brazilian soccer game, back in 2007:
And we wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we didn’t include this footage of Mr. Testicles ice skating:
So far, Woodward’s campaign has raised £3,845.48, or 76 percent of its $5,000 goal. Here’s to hoping that his appearance as Mr. Testicles on Sunday helps the remaining 24 percent to drop.
Joey Keeton is an entertainment writer who reviewed streaming movies, comedies, and TV series for the Daily Dot. He's also written about podcasts, bizarre web culture, and politics.