- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? 4 Years Ago
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? 4 Years Ago
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst is seeking Russian citizenship
It’s just one of those days where you don’t want to wake up without a Russian passport.
Fred Durst already wears many hats, but his next one may be a Russian ushanka.
The film director and Limp Bizkit frontman revealed yesterday in a radio interview on Moscow’s ROCK FM that he’d like to become a Russian citizen. Durst used the airwaves to reach out to anyone who might be able to set him up with the elusive citizenship.
“I really want to get a Russian passport! Moreover, I want to buy a house here,” Durst said. “This is a very complicated process. So if anyone has acquaintances who could help, please call!”
“I have a serious feeling [for] the country, its history and traditions. For me, it is extremely special. I [can’t even] explain it,” he said.
If successful in obtaining citizenship, Durst will join an extremely small crew of unlikely “adopted” Russian citizens, including French actor Gerard Depardieu. American boxer Roy Jones Jr. is not yet a citizen but has personal assurances of receiving a Russian passport from none other than Vladimir Putin himself.
Limp Bizkit kicks off a one-month tour through the Russian Federation on October 25. Perhaps Durst will visit some real estate agents along the way.
H/T Yod News | Illustration by Max Fleishman
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.