- Bill Mitchell, the Trump-loving QAnon scammer, is pushing ammunition for a civil war 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Tigres vs. Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup final 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Bayern Munich vs. Belgrade Red Star in Champions League action 4 Years Ago
- HBO Max gains the streaming rights to ‘The Big Bang Theory’ 4 Years Ago
- Everyone hates this Russian rapper’s pro-Putin music video Today 10:34 AM
- Skull fire logs are here to make you look like a gleeful murderer Today 10:30 AM
- High school cheerleading team put on probation for waving Trump banner during a game Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ Today 9:17 AM
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst is seeking Russian citizenship
It’s just one of those days where you don’t want to wake up without a Russian passport.
Fred Durst already wears many hats, but his next one may be a Russian ushanka.
The film director and Limp Bizkit frontman revealed yesterday in a radio interview on Moscow’s ROCK FM that he’d like to become a Russian citizen. Durst used the airwaves to reach out to anyone who might be able to set him up with the elusive citizenship.
“I really want to get a Russian passport! Moreover, I want to buy a house here,” Durst said. “This is a very complicated process. So if anyone has acquaintances who could help, please call!”
“I have a serious feeling [for] the country, its history and traditions. For me, it is extremely special. I [can’t even] explain it,” he said.
If successful in obtaining citizenship, Durst will join an extremely small crew of unlikely “adopted” Russian citizens, including French actor Gerard Depardieu. American boxer Roy Jones Jr. is not yet a citizen but has personal assurances of receiving a Russian passport from none other than Vladimir Putin himself.
Limp Bizkit kicks off a one-month tour through the Russian Federation on October 25. Perhaps Durst will visit some real estate agents along the way.
H/T Yod News | Illustration by Max Fleishman
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.