- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
Despite what T-Swift might tell you, dealing with haters isn’t always as easy as shaking it off. So what’s the best way to stand up to a bully? By following the lead of this quick witted 4-year-old, who delivered the pitch perfect response to a playground bully who called her ugly.
According to this plucky preschooler’s version of events, she was minding her own business at school when one of her classmates came up and had the gall to call her “ugly.” Rather than sinking to his level and returning the insult, she chose to rise above it all, because she is the embodiment of poise and grace.
“I didn’t come here to make a fashion statement,” she shot back. “I came here to learn, not look pretty.” BOOM!
That’s not all. When the bully continued to harass her by telling her she “looked bad,” she delivered a flawless retort: “Did you look in the mirror lately?!”
She ends the whole interaction with a very sassy “Buh-bye!” This girl is giving us hope for the next generation of strong women.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.