- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? 1 Year Ago
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 1 Year Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Today 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
We are less than a week into 2019 and the cutest meme of the year may have already been bestowed upon us. Thank you, China. The meme challenge called “Four Generations in One Room” or the “Four Generations Challenge” is taking over Douyin, (aka TikTok in Chinese). Just as it sounds, four generations of family members appear one after the other.
From youngest to oldest each family members file into a room calling out for their dad. As each dad is called in he says “hey” and calls for the next. The same for moms.
The results? Possibly the cutest family videos ever.
this Chinese four generations meme is so wholesome omg pic.twitter.com/bozR6rB93w— kassy cho (@kassy) January 4, 2019
And social media is obsessed. People love how pure and wholesome it is. Plus, it’s pretty incredible to see four generations of people in the same space.
the video challenge where there’s four generations of my favorite thing ever— bunny (@kayyellebee) January 5, 2019
Four generations challenge/meme is the cutest thing ever— Chloé (@SuperYeou) January 5, 2019
that four generations challenge really got my emotional ass crying— Lex. (@atatumm) January 4, 2019
the four generations challenge is so cute 🙁— naвeela (@celestaeljimin) January 4, 2019
Four Generations Challenge: I neeeeeed more videos!!! omg please! so damn cute!!— Jito (@jitomigone) January 4, 2019
China has had several meme challenges light up the internet recently. In October of 2018, the “Flaunt Your Wealth” challenge blew up. It featured people casually falling out of luxury cars or tripping on the street, with all their luxury goods flying out of their hands around them.
The trend ended up going viral all over the world.
Hopefully, the four-generation challenge will make its way to the U.S. ASAP because this is the kind of wholesome energy we’re trying to bring into 2019.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.