- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Tuesday 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Tuesday 10:36 AM
The ‘Four-Generations Challenge’ is the cutest meme of 2019
We are less than a week into 2019 and the cutest meme of the year may have already been bestowed upon us. Thank you, China. The meme challenge called “Four Generations in One Room” or the “Four Generations Challenge” is taking over Douyin, (aka TikTok in Chinese). Just as it sounds, four generations of family members appear one after the other.
From youngest to oldest each family members file into a room calling out for their dad. As each dad is called in he says “hey” and calls for the next. The same for moms.
The results? Possibly the cutest family videos ever.
this Chinese four generations meme is so wholesome omg pic.twitter.com/bozR6rB93w
— kassy cho (@kassy) January 4, 2019
And social media is obsessed. People love how pure and wholesome it is. Plus, it’s pretty incredible to see four generations of people in the same space.
the video challenge where there’s four generations of my favorite thing ever
— bunny (@kayyellebee) January 5, 2019
Four generations challenge/meme is the cutest thing ever
— Chloé (@SuperYeou) January 5, 2019
that four generations challenge really got my emotional ass crying
— Lex. (@atatumm) January 4, 2019
the four generations challenge is so cute 🙁
— naвeela (@celestaeljimin) January 4, 2019
Four Generations Challenge: I neeeeeed more videos!!! omg please! so damn cute!!
— Jito (@jitomigone) January 4, 2019
China has had several meme challenges light up the internet recently. In October of 2018, the “Flaunt Your Wealth” challenge blew up. It featured people casually falling out of luxury cars or tripping on the street, with all their luxury goods flying out of their hands around them.
The trend ended up going viral all over the world.
Hopefully, the four-generation challenge will make its way to the U.S. ASAP because this is the kind of wholesome energy we’re trying to bring into 2019.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.