- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals 6 Months Ago
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending 6 Months Ago
- The very finest Area 51 memes 6 Months Ago
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Today 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Today 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Today 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Today 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Today 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Today 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Today 11:33 AM
- The cast list for the ‘Kingsman’ prequel movie looks totally nuts Today 11:17 AM
- The best Prime Day deals to heat up your kitchen Today 11:16 AM
- YouTuber Emily Hartridge killed in electric scooter crash Today 10:50 AM
- Is Lashana Lynch really playing 007 in the new Bond movie? Today 10:33 AM
- Trump demands apology after his racist tweets Today 10:21 AM
The ‘Four-Generations Challenge’ is the cutest meme of 2019
We are less than a week into 2019 and the cutest meme of the year may have already been bestowed upon us. Thank you, China. The meme challenge called “Four Generations in One Room” or the “Four Generations Challenge” is taking over Douyin, (aka TikTok in Chinese). Just as it sounds, four generations of family members appear one after the other.
From youngest to oldest each family members file into a room calling out for their dad. As each dad is called in he says “hey” and calls for the next. The same for moms.
The results? Possibly the cutest family videos ever.
this Chinese four generations meme is so wholesome omg pic.twitter.com/bozR6rB93w— kassy cho (@kassy) January 4, 2019
And social media is obsessed. People love how pure and wholesome it is. Plus, it’s pretty incredible to see four generations of people in the same space.
the video challenge where there’s four generations of my favorite thing ever— bunny (@kayyellebee) January 5, 2019
Four generations challenge/meme is the cutest thing ever— Chloé (@SuperYeou) January 5, 2019
that four generations challenge really got my emotional ass crying— Lex. (@atatumm) January 4, 2019
the four generations challenge is so cute 🙁— naвeela (@celestaeljimin) January 4, 2019
Four Generations Challenge: I neeeeeed more videos!!! omg please! so damn cute!!— Jito (@jitomigone) January 4, 2019
China has had several meme challenges light up the internet recently. In October of 2018, the “Flaunt Your Wealth” challenge blew up. It featured people casually falling out of luxury cars or tripping on the street, with all their luxury goods flying out of their hands around them.
The trend ended up going viral all over the world.
Hopefully, the four-generation challenge will make its way to the U.S. ASAP because this is the kind of wholesome energy we’re trying to bring into 2019.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.