- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
When a fan needs to catch a foul ball at the old ballgame, everything else becomes a second priority. Got a beer in your hands? Drop it, a potential souvenir is coming your way. Eating a delicious hoagie? Drop it, you’ve got a big-time catch to make. Talking on your cell phone? Drop it, you can call that person back and explain how awesome you are after the whole stadium applauds your athleticism.
Got a baby in your arms? Eh, maybe you should rethink your priorities about that damn foul ball.
But for the dude in the video below, holding a baby is clearly his second priority when the rock hard baseball zoomed his way at Thursday’s Los Angeles Dodgers game. Even worse for the guy, the woman next to him (presumably the baby’s mother and the dude’s wife) is right there watching the whole thing.
Unfortunately for the guy in the video, he doesn’t receive the same kind of universal applause as this hero from two years ago who caught a foul ball while still feeding his baby.
Instead, this guy, who immediately has to begin explaining his actions to his wife, will have a long car ride home with a mother who probably questions his fathering abilities. But at least he got some plaudits from some of the people around him. And hey, a foul ball is a pretty cool keepsake.
He can admire it as he tries to fall asleep on the couch for the next month.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.