- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
When a fan needs to catch a foul ball at the old ballgame, everything else becomes a second priority. Got a beer in your hands? Drop it, a potential souvenir is coming your way. Eating a delicious hoagie? Drop it, you’ve got a big-time catch to make. Talking on your cell phone? Drop it, you can call that person back and explain how awesome you are after the whole stadium applauds your athleticism.
Got a baby in your arms? Eh, maybe you should rethink your priorities about that damn foul ball.
But for the dude in the video below, holding a baby is clearly his second priority when the rock hard baseball zoomed his way at Thursday’s Los Angeles Dodgers game. Even worse for the guy, the woman next to him (presumably the baby’s mother and the dude’s wife) is right there watching the whole thing.
Unfortunately for the guy in the video, he doesn’t receive the same kind of universal applause as this hero from two years ago who caught a foul ball while still feeding his baby.
Instead, this guy, who immediately has to begin explaining his actions to his wife, will have a long car ride home with a mother who probably questions his fathering abilities. But at least he got some plaudits from some of the people around him. And hey, a foul ball is a pretty cool keepsake.
He can admire it as he tries to fall asleep on the couch for the next month.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.