- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
Harry Styles was spotted flying over the water near the coast of Scotland, dangling from a helicopter. The former One Directioner was filming the music video for “Sign of the Times,” his new single, which drops later this week. But forget the context because the internet is having a field day with flyin’ Styles. Yer a wizard, Harry!
Harry Styles and the Chamber Of Secrets (2002) pic.twitter.com/dSX6wTwnVT— ellie bday girl (@marvelbws) April 4, 2017
Styles is getting clowned with comparisons to all kinds of flying characters in pop culture, from Mary Poppins to Spongebob Squarepants:
the new harry styles music video looks so good pic.twitter.com/x0lvNLuZiH— 🙂 (@hulkyhoran) April 5, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) pic.twitter.com/OXBjfpYFy8— brian feldman (@bafeldman) April 4, 2017
Some have also compared him to this very good dog:
Harry Styles, Sign Of The Times (2017) pic.twitter.com/o7TVFbqGnA— IM SEEING HARRY (@rosedhes) April 5, 2017
And you can get your exclusive Harry Styles keychains and teabags here:
I came in like a wrecking ball I never hit so hard in love, all I wanted was to break your walls— sign of the times (@jornalarry) April 4, 2017
All you ever did was break me
You wreck me pic.twitter.com/OOc4JVskHa
Truly, the hype for Harry’s new career as a superspy is real.
Why does this look like Harry's a secret agent going on a mission?— Harry Styles Updates (@BestDailyHarry) April 5, 2017
My name is Styles, Harry Styles. pic.twitter.com/Dt6SFsWh4Y
Everyone loves Harry flying, but they’re a little disturbed by his stunt double, who wore a less-than-lifelike Halloween mask of Harry’s face. Get a load of Michael Myers from Halloween, here:
wow people really weren't kidding when they said that solo harry would be a new harry styles pic.twitter.com/60Rpc0wyuD— sandra (@pezlarrie) April 5, 2017
Michael Myers is shook pic.twitter.com/TDmawBvkR7— Glen (@MightyBooshank) April 5, 2017
Not exactly the heartthrob you remember from One Direction, eh?
Fair play to Harry for flying on the close-up shots, though, even if he doesn’t do his own stunts.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.