- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters 3 Years Ago
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate 3 Years Ago
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Today 2:57 PM
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time Today 1:46 PM
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency Today 1:46 PM
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now Today 1:30 PM
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
Harry Styles was spotted flying over the water near the coast of Scotland, dangling from a helicopter. The former One Directioner was filming the music video for “Sign of the Times,” his new single, which drops later this week. But forget the context because the internet is having a field day with flyin’ Styles. Yer a wizard, Harry!
Harry Styles and the Chamber Of Secrets (2002) pic.twitter.com/dSX6wTwnVT— ellie bday girl (@marvelbws) April 4, 2017
Styles is getting clowned with comparisons to all kinds of flying characters in pop culture, from Mary Poppins to Spongebob Squarepants:
the new harry styles music video looks so good pic.twitter.com/x0lvNLuZiH— 🙂 (@hulkyhoran) April 5, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) pic.twitter.com/OXBjfpYFy8— brian feldman (@bafeldman) April 4, 2017
Some have also compared him to this very good dog:
Harry Styles, Sign Of The Times (2017) pic.twitter.com/o7TVFbqGnA— IM SEEING HARRY (@rosedhes) April 5, 2017
And you can get your exclusive Harry Styles keychains and teabags here:
I came in like a wrecking ball I never hit so hard in love, all I wanted was to break your walls— sign of the times (@jornalarry) April 4, 2017
All you ever did was break me
You wreck me pic.twitter.com/OOc4JVskHa
Truly, the hype for Harry’s new career as a superspy is real.
Why does this look like Harry's a secret agent going on a mission?— Harry Styles Updates (@BestDailyHarry) April 5, 2017
My name is Styles, Harry Styles. pic.twitter.com/Dt6SFsWh4Y
Everyone loves Harry flying, but they’re a little disturbed by his stunt double, who wore a less-than-lifelike Halloween mask of Harry’s face. Get a load of Michael Myers from Halloween, here:
wow people really weren't kidding when they said that solo harry would be a new harry styles pic.twitter.com/60Rpc0wyuD— sandra (@pezlarrie) April 5, 2017
Michael Myers is shook pic.twitter.com/TDmawBvkR7— Glen (@MightyBooshank) April 5, 2017
Not exactly the heartthrob you remember from One Direction, eh?
Fair play to Harry for flying on the close-up shots, though, even if he doesn’t do his own stunts.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.