- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked 3 Years Ago
- ‘Home for Christmas’ brings a needed sharp edge to Christmas rom-com season 3 Years Ago
- Joe Biden seemingly called a voter ‘fat’—but his campaign denies it Today 9:30 AM
- The decade in internet scamming Today 9:00 AM
- Bernie Sanders unveils ‘high-speed internet for all’ plan Today 8:59 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
Winter is coming, and no one is more excited about it than this deranged dude in Norway.
Tor Eckhoff, a 50-something factory worker living in Vestfold county in Norway, released this third annual video commemorating “the first snow” over the weekend. Wearing only skimpy shorts, he makes a snow angel of sorts, hugs a tree, and uses a chainsaw to cut into a frozen bathtub so he can take a dip. He’s basically a White Walker.
Eckhoff’s YouTube account confirms that he’s “drinking real vodka in the videos”—and that he’s totally out of his mind. His profile photo is a bloody mugshot from 1990, when he needed a few stitches after a diving accident, and his account is littered with wild videos of him literally skating on thin ice, taking Polar Bear swims, and chugging more bottles of booze than all seven seasons of Mad Men combined.
“I have always had a thing for cold water,” Eckhoff, who says he’s never been approached by the vodka company featured in the video, told the Daily Dot.
“When you are ice swimming or messing around almost naked in the snow, you have a limited amount of time before you get too cold. During that time you just have to handle the cold mentally.”
H/T The Awesomer
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.