- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 3 Years Ago
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil 3 Years Ago
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Today 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Today 10:50 AM
- YouTuber renames small town ‘Gay Hell’ to defy Trump Pride policy Today 10:43 AM
- John Cusack blames Twitter bot for anti-Semitic tweet Today 10:18 AM
- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking Today 10:09 AM
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
This love note from a 5th grader is more romantic than anything you’ve written
Putting romantic feelings into words is hard for adults, and even harder when you haven’t been through puberty yet. But one 5th grader has pulled it off, and he’s putting us all to shame.
On Reddit, dreichert87 writes, “My niece is in 5th grade and got her first love note. This 5th grader has more game than I’ll ever have.”
You and everyone else. Get ’em, Young Shakespeare. Even if your feelings (of having every Pokémon) end up unreciprocated, it was brave of you to put yourself out there. Congratulations on your first ever victory.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.