- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past 3 Years Ago
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders 3 Years Ago
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure 3 Years Ago
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Today 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
- The Marvel movies you actually need to see before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 9:10 AM
Man seeks to avoid holiday with father-in-law who s**ts on the carpet
If this guy is in your family, you’re f**ked.
If facing down the in-laws for the holidays is a test of our mettle, for this guy it’s a goddamn Olympic event. Last December, a redditor posting on the relationship advice board from the throwaway user account Fedup1223 took the time to describe how his wife’s father tends to act at seasonal gatherings, and it was… harrowing. Read this at your own peril:
Wow. That is extremely nasty. But you know, things could always be wo—
OK, I guess Bob is worse than we thought. Getting wasted and traumatizing kids is really, really wrong, in any context. But maybe he’s not all ba—
Hold up. Hold. Up. Bob shits on the floor? And tries to frame someone for it? How did you not lead with this? Whatever trouble a guy has with his father-in-law, it’s definitely not supposed to include that. Aggressively burping in your child’s face is uncalled for, but man oh man oh Jesus.
Fedup1223 went on to explain how his wife’s family tries to overlook Bob’s behavior and blame it all on his PTSD, and how he was getting guilted for wanting to stay home instead of seeing him. But we never found out if he was persuaded to share another holiday evening with Bob. Here in October, with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, spare a thought or prayer for this poor guy—just in case he’s in for another round of this.
Oh, and maybe tell your own father-in-law what a great guy he is.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'