- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Father-daughter beatbox battle is mind-blowing, adorable
Nicole Paris has refined a very-specific skill to an impressive degree.
Nicole Paris’s father is defending his honor by making rhythmic noises with his mouth. After first squaring off more than a year ago, he and his daughter are engaged in another YouTube beatbox battle.
“I guess this will be Battle Part 2 since most of you folks are saying she won. But that’s good, that’s good. Here we go,” he says.
The elder Paris kicks off an ambitious collection of sound and rhythm, switching off with Nicole as they take turns trying to outdo each other. They appear to be on similar levels for the first half of the video, but the last two minutes of the four-minute clip consist almost entirely of his daughter blowing him away.
Given skills like this, it’s no small wonder that Nicole is easily found beatboxing in other videos around the Web. Here she is rocking the mic at an undetermined event, via her YouTube page.
A video titled “Back in the Day Talent Showcase” shows a much younger Nicole putting her skills on display. It seems this is no casual pursuit for her. Though her father is smilingly referred to as “the mentor,” Nicole is poised to become her own master—she’s just broken one-million views, releasing the video below to commemorate the occasion.
Step aside, Dad.
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.