- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme 4 Years Ago
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Today 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Son turns vacation footage into rap video, much to stepmom’s frustration
This family’s lakeside vacation video is more baller than yours.
It’s hard to make a splash when it comes to family vacation videos. They’re all the same: smiling faces, sunglasses, outdoor sports, and gentle bickering.
So YouTube user Travis Henning decided to spice up his family’s vacation footage by editing it into a music video for Clyde Carson’s rap song “Slow Down.” Chill rap track plus chill vacation video equals a way more interesting home movie than anyone was expecting.
Worth it, though.
Screengrab via Travis Henning/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor