- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Son turns vacation footage into rap video, much to stepmom’s frustration
This family’s lakeside vacation video is more baller than yours.
It’s hard to make a splash when it comes to family vacation videos. They’re all the same: smiling faces, sunglasses, outdoor sports, and gentle bickering.
So YouTube user Travis Henning decided to spice up his family’s vacation footage by editing it into a music video for Clyde Carson’s rap song “Slow Down.” Chill rap track plus chill vacation video equals a way more interesting home movie than anyone was expecting.
Worth it, though.
Screengrab via Travis Henning/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.