- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
It’s time to put a new face on an old Face/Off.
Yesterday, Deadline reported that the cult favorite John Woo action film starring Nicolas Cage and John Travolta will be rebooted with a new cast.
For the uninitiated, Face/Off is literally about two people who switch faces: a cop and a killer each undergo facial transplant surgery to look like the other.
As we have learned many times before with projects like True Detective and James Bond, the internet loves nothing more than to dream up ideal casts for rebooted IP.
After the news of the reboot broke, Twitter predictably got to work replacing Cage and Travolta with a potential pairs of new face swappers. The suggestions mainly focused on celebrities who look alike, from Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard to Tom Hardy and Logan Marshall-Green.
Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard in FACE/OFF remake. pic.twitter.com/oCZaevlKjR— Joseph Kahn (@JosephKahn) September 10, 2019
My pitch for the FACE/OFF reboot. pic.twitter.com/OSrpBHE0xd— Dan (@Danimalish) September 9, 2019
Cast Dermot Mulroney and Dylan McDermott in the Face/Off remake, you cowards.— Brian Tallerico (@Brian_Tallerico) September 9, 2019
What if the new FACE/OFF was Margot Robbie and Samara Weaving but they just kept their same faces. pic.twitter.com/giSNLtpRHP— Matt McDaniel (@themattmcd) September 9, 2019
Cast Vanessa Kirby and Samara Weaving in the FACE/OFF remake you cowards pic.twitter.com/iC2RfJCvgX— Howlin’ Hollywood Matt Donato (@DoNatoBomb) September 9, 2019
Listen, I don’t WANT a Face/Off remake.— Cameron Frew (@FrewFilm) September 10, 2019
But... if I were to cast it.
Adam Driver and Jake Gyllenhaal.
CHANGE MY MIND. pic.twitter.com/IJ2rRyrQpk
A Face/Off remake you say?? pic.twitter.com/Zk0LCCX4Cd— Marcelo Jack-o'-lantern Pico (@MarceloJPico) September 10, 2019
Face/Off but it’s Henry Cavill and Matt Bomer and you literally can’t tell the difference pic.twitter.com/Gv0kD1fd0I— Brandy Jensen (@BrandyLJensen) September 9, 2019
The FACE/OFF remake should star Richard Riehle and Brian Doyle-Murray. pic.twitter.com/obmgxsRTYa— Andy Rattinger (@Rattinger) September 10, 2019
Only time will tell which pair of actors will get the honor of stepping into each other’s face. Though Oren Uziel, writer of 22 Jump Street and the upcoming Top Gun: Maverick is set to write, no other above the line talent has been announced as of yet.
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.