- Slack’s users roast the app’s new logo 4 Years Ago
- What I’ve learned after 100 hours on Sling TV 4 Years Ago
- Korean action thriller ‘Revenger’ fights its way through mediocrity 4 Years Ago
- Everything you need to know about the Women’s March 2019 controversies Today 6:30 AM
- Everyone is choking Sasuke Uchiha in this ‘Naruto’ anime meme Today 6:30 AM
- Right-wing petition wants Rashida Tlaib impeached—here’s why that won’t happen Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ season 2 for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Supernatural’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles’ online free Today 5:00 AM
- The trailer for the final episodes of ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ is here Today 1:52 AM
- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
This erotic German carp calendar is the worst Christmas gift imaginable
There’s a reason why that fish looks so happy.
This story contains sexually explicit material and may be NSFW.
Looking for a holiday gift for the recreational fishing enthusiast in your life? Well, look no further than the 2015 “Carponizer erotischer Karpfenkalender,” loosely translated as the Carponizer “Erotic Carp Calendar,” featuring a series of busty naked ladies posing suggestively next to your fave species of oily freshwater fish.
The Erotic Carp Calendar is the brainchild of Carponizer, a German company that sells camping equipment. (And also really ugly stainless steel rings and earrings, which appears to be Carponizer’s bizarre attempt at horizontal integration.)
This year’s calendar features a wide array of nubile female angling enthusiasts. You’ve got blondes. You’ve got brunettes. You’ve got blondes cupping the boobs of brunettes. The one thing that unites them all? A love for the small things in life, like going fishing on a sunny day with friends, and pressing their erect nipples against carp.
Although one might assume the Erotic Carp Calendar is catering to a pretty small niche of, I don’t know, boobie/angling enthusiasts, there seems to be a pretty large market for this type of product. The British camping gear company Total Fishing Gear, for instance, has also released a cheesecake fishing calendar featuring busty ladies posing suggestively with carp, and there’s also a “Beauty and the Bass” calendar that boasts “bass, boats, and babes.”
We don’t know whether Carponizer’s calendar is trying to cater to a little-known carp paraphilia, or if it’s intended as a bro-y nod to the (inaccurate) parallels drawn between fish and vaginal odor. But either way, we know what we’re getting our Daily Dot colleague Kevin Collier for Christmas this year.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.