- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds 8 Months Ago
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ 8 Months Ago
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
If you’re looking to have a fun night with your friends but don’t feel up to leaving the house, it’s time to fire up the ol’ group chat and gather ’round your smart phone for the “emoji challenge”. Much like the ancient Chinese game “Go,” the concept is simple, but mastering it takes skill and patience.
If you want to play, all you need to do is pick an emoji and send it to your friends along with your homemade version. From there, things will naturally start to escalate.
People have probably been playing this game for a while, but the trend really took off when a Twitter user named Jeydah Weydah posted a video of her group chat with her friends.
With a challenge this good, everyone wants to get in on it. A quick search for “emoji challenge” on Twitter turns up a seemingly endless stream of videos where people are acting out emojis.
Enjoy the emoji challenge pic.twitter.com/wo56xV1CQc— Tay (@allen_taylor14) March 28, 2019
i asked dani if she wanted to do the emoji challenge pic.twitter.com/BHPTvn6FrI— s*b**r (@sxbxxr) March 28, 2019
So our group chat did the emoji challenge LMAOOOOO pic.twitter.com/6NubCk4LCk— Ayy Lmao (@noturavrgealien) March 28, 2019
my thotianas and I did the emoji challenge pic.twitter.com/RsUQaGyQWW— moolan (@moolannn) March 28, 2019
The emoji challenge is still pretty new, so there’s plenty of time to get in on it. All you have to do is choose your team and start picking emojis. The more challenging the emoji, the more fun this game will be. Just stay away from the eggplant.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.