- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes 5 Years Ago
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis 5 Years Ago
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Today 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Today 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Today 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Today 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Today 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
- Professional media person: Poor people have money but they just waste it on ‘benders’ Today 10:22 AM
- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) Today 9:29 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez blasts media over home reports after Coast Guard member’s hit list revealed Today 8:52 AM
What the heck is going on in this terrifying Emma Watson GIF?
You can’t look away.
Actors have transformed themselves for a role plenty of times before, but this is something else.
A terrifying and equally mesmerizing GIF of Emma Watson taking off a mask to reveal Sofia Vergara has been floating around the Internet.
At first, it looks like just another promotional interview—and then Watson gets something off her chest.
You can’t look away.
GIF via 4gifs/Tumblr
There’s even a video, if the GIF isn’t enough for you.
Are Watson’s film appearances just one giant lie?
Of course not. Thanks to some clever editing from curveballbe, the unveiling flows rather seamlessly (until you stare at the hair for a few moments). But the original scene comes from a 2011 video from silicone mask creator Kerry Johnson, where she demonstrates the “Susan,” which looks nothing like Watson or Vergara. You can witness the mask coming off at around 4:13 (slightly NSFW).
Johnson has been creating female masks in Seattle for close to 20 years, and if you have $600 laying around, you can even purchase your own silicone mask. You’ll have a head start on Halloween.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.