- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video 5 Years Ago
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Today 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Today 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Today 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
What the heck is going on in this terrifying Emma Watson GIF?
You can’t look away.
Actors have transformed themselves for a role plenty of times before, but this is something else.
A terrifying and equally mesmerizing GIF of Emma Watson taking off a mask to reveal Sofia Vergara has been floating around the Internet.
At first, it looks like just another promotional interview—and then Watson gets something off her chest.
You can’t look away.
GIF via 4gifs/Tumblr
There’s even a video, if the GIF isn’t enough for you.
Are Watson’s film appearances just one giant lie?
Of course not. Thanks to some clever editing from curveballbe, the unveiling flows rather seamlessly (until you stare at the hair for a few moments). But the original scene comes from a 2011 video from silicone mask creator Kerry Johnson, where she demonstrates the “Susan,” which looks nothing like Watson or Vergara. You can witness the mask coming off at around 4:13 (slightly NSFW).
Johnson has been creating female masks in Seattle for close to 20 years, and if you have $600 laying around, you can even purchase your own silicone mask. You’ll have a head start on Halloween.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.