- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Wednesday 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Wednesday 12:17 PM
Elon Musk has a new Tesla-branded tequila aptly called “Teslaquila” that may be hitting shelves sometime in the not-so-distant future. The Tesla CEO ostensibly has more time on his hands after stepping down as the chairman of the company’s board as part of the deal to settle with the Securities and Exchange Commission over fraud charges. So hey, why not? Teslaquila!
Musk made the announcement—where else–on Twitter Friday afternoon, along with a “visual approximation” of what the bottle will look like.
Visual approximation pic.twitter.com/sMn3Pv476Y
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 12, 2018
Earlier this year, Musk teased the Teslaquila as part of an April Fool’s joke about Tesla filing for bankruptcy.
“Elon was found passed out against a Tesla Model 3, surrounded by ‘Teslaquilla’ bottles, the tracks of dried tears still visible on his cheeks,” he tweeted at the time. “This is not a forward-looking statement, because, obviously, what’s the point?”
Elon was found passed out against a Tesla Model 3, surrounded by "Teslaquilla" bottles, the tracks of dried tears still visible on his cheeks.
This is not a forward-looking statement, because, obviously, what's the point?
Happy New Month! pic.twitter.com/YcouvFz6Y1
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 1, 2018
However, much like his Not A Flamethrower flamethrowers, it appears Musk is trying to turn whimsy into reality. According to CNBC, Musk has already filed a U.S. Patent and Trademark Office application to trademark “Teslaquila.” Per CNBC:
While there is no guarantee that a Tesla-brand tequila will hit the market, the company filed an “intent to use” trademark for Teslaquila, which means that it is currently not using it, but has a “good faith intention” to use it in the future.
- Tesla investors are pleading with Elon Musk to keep quiet on Twitter
- Kanye West jumps on a table to passionately defend Elon Musk
- Elon Musk tweets Naughty by Nature video after stepping down from Tesla
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.