- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ 11 Months Ago
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 11 Months Ago
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
Elon Musk has a new Tesla-branded tequila aptly called “Teslaquila” that may be hitting shelves sometime in the not-so-distant future. The Tesla CEO ostensibly has more time on his hands after stepping down as the chairman of the company’s board as part of the deal to settle with the Securities and Exchange Commission over fraud charges. So hey, why not? Teslaquila!
Musk made the announcement—where else–on Twitter Friday afternoon, along with a “visual approximation” of what the bottle will look like.
Visual approximation pic.twitter.com/sMn3Pv476Y— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 12, 2018
Earlier this year, Musk teased the Teslaquila as part of an April Fool’s joke about Tesla filing for bankruptcy.
“Elon was found passed out against a Tesla Model 3, surrounded by ‘Teslaquilla’ bottles, the tracks of dried tears still visible on his cheeks,” he tweeted at the time. “This is not a forward-looking statement, because, obviously, what’s the point?”
Elon was found passed out against a Tesla Model 3, surrounded by "Teslaquilla" bottles, the tracks of dried tears still visible on his cheeks.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 1, 2018
This is not a forward-looking statement, because, obviously, what's the point?
Happy New Month! pic.twitter.com/YcouvFz6Y1
However, much like his Not A Flamethrower flamethrowers, it appears Musk is trying to turn whimsy into reality. According to CNBC, Musk has already filed a U.S. Patent and Trademark Office application to trademark “Teslaquila.” Per CNBC:
While there is no guarantee that a Tesla-brand tequila will hit the market, the company filed an “intent to use” trademark for Teslaquila, which means that it is currently not using it, but has a “good faith intention” to use it in the future.
- Tesla investors are pleading with Elon Musk to keep quiet on Twitter
- Kanye West jumps on a table to passionately defend Elon Musk
- Elon Musk tweets Naughty by Nature video after stepping down from Tesla
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.