- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich 2 Years Ago
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Today 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Today 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
Russia is trolling the hell out of Elon Musk with a hilarious meme titled “Как тебе такое, Илон Маск?” or roughly “What do you think, Elon Musk?” in which people post photos of awful lifehack ideas while asking Musk his opinion on the invention.
Motherboard reports that the trolling dates back to 2017, via Twitter user @StalinGulag and a joke involving a particle accelerator. The humor is universal: Musk fancies himself an alpha dog and creative genius, who makes stars out of his advanced ideas. It makes sense to undercut this by offering bad, funny ideas for inventions.
In February, a SpaceX rocket launch made the meme mainstream on the Russian internet, according to Russia Beyond.
The meme is back in the spotlight because of American tweets noticing it and going viral. Our guess is that has something to do with Musk’s recent string of jaw-dropping comments.
Ну и как ты на это ответишь, Илон Маск?! Опять захлебнешься завистью к научным достижениям нашей страны! pic.twitter.com/2LVEIMdFHI— Сталингулаг (@StalinGulag) October 31, 2017
Here are a few of the funnier inventions and memes including an unstealable lightbulb, a clever place to rest a beer, and the saddest sled ever.
А КАК ТЕБЕ ТАКОЕ, ИЛОН МАСК???????????? pic.twitter.com/GtS0Wl6hrw— Черника (@NatashaChernika) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/dUNcDE25I5— Блог Атеиста (@atheist_blog_vk) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/7CF6swWru7— МЕМАСЫ ЛЬЮТСЯ РЕКОЙ (@YOUNGYELTSIN) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/tIOH7s74bH— Богдан Николаевич (@r_o_m_a_d_i_n) February 10, 2018
дверь в столовую нашей шараги держит ВОТ ЭТО ВОТ— даша далекс (@gonchdash) February 7, 2018
ну че илон маск чувствуешь угрозу?? pic.twitter.com/ggGTohchRK
Sure, these ideas are bad. But Musk’s small submarine wasn’t exactly a game-changer.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.