- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Russia is trolling the hell out of Elon Musk with a hilarious meme titled “Как тебе такое, Илон Маск?” or roughly “What do you think, Elon Musk?” in which people post photos of awful lifehack ideas while asking Musk his opinion on the invention.
Motherboard reports that the trolling dates back to 2017, via Twitter user @StalinGulag and a joke involving a particle accelerator. The humor is universal: Musk fancies himself an alpha dog and creative genius, who makes stars out of his advanced ideas. It makes sense to undercut this by offering bad, funny ideas for inventions.
In February, a SpaceX rocket launch made the meme mainstream on the Russian internet, according to Russia Beyond.
The meme is back in the spotlight because of American tweets noticing it and going viral. Our guess is that has something to do with Musk’s recent string of jaw-dropping comments.
Ну и как ты на это ответишь, Илон Маск?! Опять захлебнешься завистью к научным достижениям нашей страны! pic.twitter.com/2LVEIMdFHI— Сталингулаг (@StalinGulag) October 31, 2017
Here are a few of the funnier inventions and memes including an unstealable lightbulb, a clever place to rest a beer, and the saddest sled ever.
А КАК ТЕБЕ ТАКОЕ, ИЛОН МАСК???????????? pic.twitter.com/GtS0Wl6hrw— Черника (@NatashaChernika) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/dUNcDE25I5— Блог Атеиста (@atheist_blog_vk) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/7CF6swWru7— МЕМАСЫ ЛЬЮТСЯ РЕКОЙ (@YOUNGYELTSIN) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/tIOH7s74bH— Богдан Николаевич (@r_o_m_a_d_i_n) February 10, 2018
дверь в столовую нашей шараги держит ВОТ ЭТО ВОТ— даша далекс (@gonchdash) February 7, 2018
ну че илон маск чувствуешь угрозу?? pic.twitter.com/ggGTohchRK
Sure, these ideas are bad. But Musk’s small submarine wasn’t exactly a game-changer.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.