- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise 12 Months Ago
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
Russia is trolling the hell out of Elon Musk with a hilarious meme titled “Как тебе такое, Илон Маск?” or roughly “What do you think, Elon Musk?” in which people post photos of awful lifehack ideas while asking Musk his opinion on the invention.
Motherboard reports that the trolling dates back to 2017, via Twitter user @StalinGulag and a joke involving a particle accelerator. The humor is universal: Musk fancies himself an alpha dog and creative genius, who makes stars out of his advanced ideas. It makes sense to undercut this by offering bad, funny ideas for inventions.
In February, a SpaceX rocket launch made the meme mainstream on the Russian internet, according to Russia Beyond.
The meme is back in the spotlight because of American tweets noticing it and going viral. Our guess is that has something to do with Musk’s recent string of jaw-dropping comments.
Ну и как ты на это ответишь, Илон Маск?! Опять захлебнешься завистью к научным достижениям нашей страны! pic.twitter.com/2LVEIMdFHI— Сталингулаг (@StalinGulag) October 31, 2017
Here are a few of the funnier inventions and memes including an unstealable lightbulb, a clever place to rest a beer, and the saddest sled ever.
А КАК ТЕБЕ ТАКОЕ, ИЛОН МАСК???????????? pic.twitter.com/GtS0Wl6hrw— Черника (@NatashaChernika) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/dUNcDE25I5— Блог Атеиста (@atheist_blog_vk) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/7CF6swWru7— МЕМАСЫ ЛЬЮТСЯ РЕКОЙ (@YOUNGYELTSIN) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/tIOH7s74bH— Богдан Николаевич (@r_o_m_a_d_i_n) February 10, 2018
дверь в столовую нашей шараги держит ВОТ ЭТО ВОТ— даша далекс (@gonchdash) February 7, 2018
ну че илон маск чувствуешь угрозу?? pic.twitter.com/ggGTohchRK
Sure, these ideas are bad. But Musk’s small submarine wasn’t exactly a game-changer.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.