- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Russians are dunking on Elon Musk with terrible ideas for inventions
Russia is trolling the hell out of Elon Musk with a hilarious meme titled “Как тебе такое, Илон Маск?” or roughly “What do you think, Elon Musk?” in which people post photos of awful lifehack ideas while asking Musk his opinion on the invention.
Motherboard reports that the trolling dates back to 2017, via Twitter user @StalinGulag and a joke involving a particle accelerator. The humor is universal: Musk fancies himself an alpha dog and creative genius, who makes stars out of his advanced ideas. It makes sense to undercut this by offering bad, funny ideas for inventions.
In February, a SpaceX rocket launch made the meme mainstream on the Russian internet, according to Russia Beyond.
The meme is back in the spotlight because of American tweets noticing it and going viral. Our guess is that has something to do with Musk’s recent string of jaw-dropping comments.
Ну и как ты на это ответишь, Илон Маск?! Опять захлебнешься завистью к научным достижениям нашей страны! pic.twitter.com/2LVEIMdFHI
— Сталингулаг (@StalinGulag) October 31, 2017
Here are a few of the funnier inventions and memes including an unstealable lightbulb, a clever place to rest a beer, and the saddest sled ever.
А КАК ТЕБЕ ТАКОЕ, ИЛОН МАСК???????????? pic.twitter.com/GtS0Wl6hrw
— Черника (@NatashaChernika) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/dUNcDE25I5
— Блог Атеиста (@atheist_blog_vk) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/7CF6swWru7
— МЕМАСЫ ЛЬЮТСЯ РЕКОЙ (@YOUNGYELTSIN) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/tIOH7s74bH
— Богдан Николаевич (@r_o_m_a_d_i_n) February 10, 2018
дверь в столовую нашей шараги держит ВОТ ЭТО ВОТ
ну че илон маск чувствуешь угрозу?? pic.twitter.com/ggGTohchRK
— даша далекс (@gonchdash) February 7, 2018
Sure, these ideas are bad. But Musk’s small submarine wasn’t exactly a game-changer.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.