- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari Saturday 5:02 PM
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Saturday 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Saturday 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Saturday 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Saturday 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Saturday 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Saturday 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
Russians are dunking on Elon Musk with terrible ideas for inventions
Russia is trolling the hell out of Elon Musk with a hilarious meme titled “Как тебе такое, Илон Маск?” or roughly “What do you think, Elon Musk?” in which people post photos of awful lifehack ideas while asking Musk his opinion on the invention.
Motherboard reports that the trolling dates back to 2017, via Twitter user @StalinGulag and a joke involving a particle accelerator. The humor is universal: Musk fancies himself an alpha dog and creative genius, who makes stars out of his advanced ideas. It makes sense to undercut this by offering bad, funny ideas for inventions.
In February, a SpaceX rocket launch made the meme mainstream on the Russian internet, according to Russia Beyond.
The meme is back in the spotlight because of American tweets noticing it and going viral. Our guess is that has something to do with Musk’s recent string of jaw-dropping comments.
Ну и как ты на это ответишь, Илон Маск?! Опять захлебнешься завистью к научным достижениям нашей страны! pic.twitter.com/2LVEIMdFHI
— Сталингулаг (@StalinGulag) October 31, 2017
Here are a few of the funnier inventions and memes including an unstealable lightbulb, a clever place to rest a beer, and the saddest sled ever.
А КАК ТЕБЕ ТАКОЕ, ИЛОН МАСК???????????? pic.twitter.com/GtS0Wl6hrw
— Черника (@NatashaChernika) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/dUNcDE25I5
— Блог Атеиста (@atheist_blog_vk) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/7CF6swWru7
— МЕМАСЫ ЛЬЮТСЯ РЕКОЙ (@YOUNGYELTSIN) February 7, 2018
Как тебе такое изобретение, Илон Маск? pic.twitter.com/tIOH7s74bH
— Богдан Николаевич (@r_o_m_a_d_i_n) February 10, 2018
дверь в столовую нашей шараги держит ВОТ ЭТО ВОТ
ну че илон маск чувствуешь угрозу?? pic.twitter.com/ggGTohchRK
— даша далекс (@gonchdash) February 7, 2018
Sure, these ideas are bad. But Musk’s small submarine wasn’t exactly a game-changer.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.