- Children’s magazine Highlights criticizes migrant family separation Wednesday 5:57 PM
- Patreon is cracking down on more adult content creators, artists claim Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Lil Nas X drops parody remix about Twitter replies Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Gay Texans on Tumblr bond over mothers’ elaborate crucifix displays Wednesday 4:51 PM
- This story of a woman applying for a job epitomizes the digital divide Wednesday 4:47 PM
- Wrong answers rule in this ‘name that film’ meme Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to get the Fortnite Shadows Rising skin bundle Wednesday 3:35 PM
- How to stream the first 2020 Democratic debates Wednesday 3:14 PM
- How to watch ‘Desus & Mero’ without cable Wednesday 3:14 PM
- Conservatives have feelings about old photos from AOC’s border visit resurfacing Wednesday 3:03 PM
- Imgur wants to pay meme creators Wednesday 2:57 PM
- How to watch ‘Channel Zero’ online for free Wednesday 2:51 PM
- How to watch ‘Eli Roth’s History of Horror’ online for free Wednesday 2:50 PM
- ‘Praxis Girl’ and how extremely online drama led to a Marxist meme Wednesday 2:43 PM
- Pro-Trump subreddit quarantined over violent threats in support of Oregon Republicans Wednesday 1:40 PM
Florida woman’s streaking stunt is the best thing about this EDM show
All she wanted was a piggyback ride from the band.
This article contains sexually explicit material.
Electronic dance music festivals are marathon bacchanals of beats, breakdowns, and molly-fueled bliss. Vibes are so chill—and so sweaty—that revelers often wear very little. So when one ecstatic 23-year-old Florida woman, bare-naked except for the smartphone in her hand, leapt on stage during Keys N’ Krates’ set at District 3 in Tampa, Fla., the band’s tour manager couldn’t help but laugh as he casually chased her around the stage.
What she really wanted was a piggyback ride from the band. At this moment, the crowd erupted in cheers.
The tour manager eventually snagged her, scooped her up, and deposited her safely into the crowd.
And biggup that completely naked chick for jumping up on stage on my back while we were playing. Insanity
— KEYS N KRATES (@keysnkrates) January 11, 2015
Someone connected to the event gave YourEDM some context:
This whole thing was pre-meditated by the girl.
… She’s actually one of my promoters’ (now) ex-girlfriends. He sent me a text before the show letting me know she had something planned yesterday night.
… She then crowd surfed naked.
Facebook users are already starting to make a meme out of her:
On the streaker’s Facebook profile, she seems to be feeling pretty good about the event. “Let’s get naked!” and “Can I quit my day job yet…?!” she wrote in two recent updates, and she’s changed her profile picture to a censored screengrab of Keys N’ Krates’ tour manager chasing her. Her friends, naturally, are busy sending the above videos to Daniel Tosh.
Say what you will about EDM, but the screamo shows I went to when I was a kid were never this much fun.
Screengrab via YouTube
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.