- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
Donald Trump invited Sarah Palin, Kid Rock, and Ted Nugent to the White House
The trio acted like real adults.
Let’s just start with a hypothetical. Say, as the banks collapsed in 2008 under the watch of George Bush, Bono went on stage, and after a particularly rousing rendition of “Elevation,” screamed into the microphone that Bush could suck his machine gun.
And then later said he should be hung.
Then imagine the Secret Service investigated Bono for his claims. They obviously deemed his words rose to the level of needing to speak personally with the singer.
Then imagine if four months after the election, Obama invited Bono to the White House. And then Bono, who had also called Condoleeza Rice a “bitch” and also said she should be hung, took a mocking picture next to her portrait.
You think that would go over well?
Well, our current president did exactly that.
A great night at the White House. Thank you to President Trump for the invite! 🇺🇸
Ted Nugent is Bono in the above scenario, saying disparaging words about the previous administration and being investigated by the Secret Service for threatening to assassinate Obama.
At the White House, he, Kid Rock, and Palin took a picture next to Hillary’s portrait.
H/T Jake Tapper
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]