- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Donald Trump invited Sarah Palin, Kid Rock, and Ted Nugent to the White House
The trio acted like real adults.
Let’s just start with a hypothetical. Say, as the banks collapsed in 2008 under the watch of George Bush, Bono went on stage, and after a particularly rousing rendition of “Elevation,” screamed into the microphone that Bush could suck his machine gun.
And then later said he should be hung.
Then imagine the Secret Service investigated Bono for his claims. They obviously deemed his words rose to the level of needing to speak personally with the singer.
Then imagine if four months after the election, Obama invited Bono to the White House. And then Bono, who had also called Condoleeza Rice a “bitch” and also said she should be hung, took a mocking picture next to her portrait.
You think that would go over well?
Well, our current president did exactly that.
A great night at the White House. Thank you to President Trump for the invite! 🇺🇸
Ted Nugent is Bono in the above scenario, saying disparaging words about the previous administration and being investigated by the Secret Service for threatening to assassinate Obama.
At the White House, he, Kid Rock, and Palin took a picture next to Hillary’s portrait.
H/T Jake Tapper
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]