- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) 2 Years Ago
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play 2 Years Ago
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
In advance of the James Comey hearing, everyone was waiting earnestly to see what President Donald Trump would tweet. But instead, his son took the lead, using a similarly brash style, before declaring complete victory over liberals. Today, Attorney General Jeff Sessions came to Congress for his own hearing, and Donald Trump Jr. is again claiming these investigations are partisan witch hunts into his father’s administration—and he’s claiming that Republicans are winning them.
He had particularly high praise for Sessions’ opening statement.
Well said AG Sessions: "I did not recuse myself from defending my honor from false & scurrilous accusations"— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
Crushed it. https://t.co/XjIxW1B9G5— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
Throughout the hearing Trump Jr. continued to carry water for Sessions, quote tweeting prominent Republicans who felt the hearing was nonsense.
Democrats who think Jeff Sessions colluded with Russia have never met Jeff Sessions. It's a totally insane theory.— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) June 13, 2017
True but that won't stop them from trying. https://t.co/pwH6ouWy8z— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
DOJ press shop just blasted out this email on the Sessions recusal that Comey got: pic.twitter.com/yprRfDyQMH— Betsy Woodruff (@woodruffbets) June 13, 2017
Interesting. I wonder if the media will cover that Comey said he wasn't notified. Someone's lying and it doesn't look like it's the AG! https://t.co/cmHT04zFVP— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
He even got teased about his new job, running the Trump Organization.
Shouldn't you be working or something?— Angela Belcamino (@AngelaBelcamino) June 13, 2017
I was, it's why I got a late start, but I couldn't miss part 2 of the pathetic dem witch hunt train wreck. https://t.co/mUZ3JoU3Me— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
This is the Seinfeld of hearings -- a hearing about nothing. Embarassment for Democrats.— Marc Thiessen (@marcthiessen) June 13, 2017
This x 1000 https://t.co/WHWnyCuxY0— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
Well, there you have it. Who even needs @realDonaldTrump anymore?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]