- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
In advance of the James Comey hearing, everyone was waiting earnestly to see what President Donald Trump would tweet. But instead, his son took the lead, using a similarly brash style, before declaring complete victory over liberals. Today, Attorney General Jeff Sessions came to Congress for his own hearing, and Donald Trump Jr. is again claiming these investigations are partisan witch hunts into his father’s administration—and he’s claiming that Republicans are winning them.
He had particularly high praise for Sessions’ opening statement.
Well said AG Sessions: "I did not recuse myself from defending my honor from false & scurrilous accusations"— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
Crushed it. https://t.co/XjIxW1B9G5— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
Throughout the hearing Trump Jr. continued to carry water for Sessions, quote tweeting prominent Republicans who felt the hearing was nonsense.
Democrats who think Jeff Sessions colluded with Russia have never met Jeff Sessions. It's a totally insane theory.— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) June 13, 2017
True but that won't stop them from trying. https://t.co/pwH6ouWy8z— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
DOJ press shop just blasted out this email on the Sessions recusal that Comey got: pic.twitter.com/yprRfDyQMH— Betsy Woodruff (@woodruffbets) June 13, 2017
Interesting. I wonder if the media will cover that Comey said he wasn't notified. Someone's lying and it doesn't look like it's the AG! https://t.co/cmHT04zFVP— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
He even got teased about his new job, running the Trump Organization.
Shouldn't you be working or something?— Angela Belcamino (@AngelaBelcamino) June 13, 2017
I was, it's why I got a late start, but I couldn't miss part 2 of the pathetic dem witch hunt train wreck. https://t.co/mUZ3JoU3Me— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
This is the Seinfeld of hearings -- a hearing about nothing. Embarassment for Democrats.— Marc Thiessen (@marcthiessen) June 13, 2017
This x 1000 https://t.co/WHWnyCuxY0— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 13, 2017
Well, there you have it. Who even needs @realDonaldTrump anymore?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]