- Zoie Burgher tweets details about supposed threesome with FaZe Pamaj, Abigale Mandler 8 Months Ago
- How to stream MLB Network for free 8 Months Ago
- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls 8 Months Ago
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies Today 7:00 AM
- 12 underrated Netflix comedy specials you should watch now Today 7:00 AM
- Debunking the biggest Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez conspiracy theories Today 6:30 AM
- How to make calls on Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
Baby can’t you see…
Can you believe it’s been nearly 15 years since Britney Spears released “Toxic,” her second single off the 2003 album In the Zone? The song was an instant worldwide success and ended up being one of the top-selling singles of her career.
Of course, a good part of the reason why “Toxic” became the earworm it did was thanks to the impossibly catchy hook between verses, which to this day is instantly recognizable.
Which is why, while recording his dog Riley, Snapchat and Twitter user Matt Hardin couldn’t help but notice that the pup sounded just like he was singing Spears’ hit. “Is it just me or does Riley sound like he’s singing toxic by Britney Spears?” Hardin tweeted over the weekend.
Is it just me or does Riley sound like he’s singing toxic by Britney Spears? pic.twitter.com/XT4us4ERYD
— matt (@matthardn) July 21, 2018
Indeed, if you compare Riley’s whine to the song’s actual hook, it’s pretty much uncanny. Hardin’s tweet quickly went viral as others grappled to wraps their minds around the incredible “Toxic” singing doggo. “I’ve watched this 20 times,” replied one user, to which Hardin responded, “I had to watch it a few times too just to make sure I wasn’t insane.”
Others were similarly impressed:
baby can’t you see… https://t.co/loNf26ABEK
— Carlie Hanson (@carliehanson) July 22, 2018
— Borgore (@Borgore) July 22, 2018
HES ON KEY tOO ?????? https://t.co/t7gDDZb519
— max (@Max_iac) July 22, 2018
It’s perfect https://t.co/P3ddXhoUYL
— Max Gonzalez (@GassyMexican) July 22, 2018
riley is a legend omg https://t.co/dmElNZUhMT
— bliss loves perrie and shawn (@perriesviolet) July 22, 2018
this dog can sing better than you https://t.co/EB9f203Efv
— wala na, finish na (@NeilBes12) July 22, 2018
And the obligatory:
Its Britney, bitch https://t.co/1OaEXAdg0m
— Pilosopong Conyo (@laurencesulit) July 22, 2018
Someone needs to book this dog on some America’s Got Talent type of show and get him a recording contract STAT. The rest of the world needs to hear Riley.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.