- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
Can you believe it’s been nearly 15 years since Britney Spears released “Toxic,” her second single off the 2003 album In the Zone? The song was an instant worldwide success and ended up being one of the top-selling singles of her career.
Of course, a good part of the reason why “Toxic” became the earworm it did was thanks to the impossibly catchy hook between verses, which to this day is instantly recognizable.
Which is why, while recording his dog Riley, Snapchat and Twitter user Matt Hardin couldn’t help but notice that the pup sounded just like he was singing Spears’ hit. “Is it just me or does Riley sound like he’s singing toxic by Britney Spears?” Hardin tweeted over the weekend.
Is it just me or does Riley sound like he’s singing toxic by Britney Spears? pic.twitter.com/XT4us4ERYD— matt (@matthardn) July 21, 2018
Indeed, if you compare Riley’s whine to the song’s actual hook, it’s pretty much uncanny. Hardin’s tweet quickly went viral as others grappled to wraps their minds around the incredible “Toxic” singing doggo. “I’ve watched this 20 times,” replied one user, to which Hardin responded, “I had to watch it a few times too just to make sure I wasn’t insane.”
Others were similarly impressed:
baby can’t you see... https://t.co/loNf26ABEK— Carlie Hanson (@carliehanson) July 22, 2018
HES ON KEY tOO ?????? https://t.co/t7gDDZb519— max (@Max_iac) July 22, 2018
It’s perfect https://t.co/P3ddXhoUYL— Max Gonzalez (@GassyMexican) July 22, 2018
riley is a legend omg https://t.co/dmElNZUhMT— bliss loves perrie and shawn (@perriesviolet) July 22, 2018
this dog can sing better than you https://t.co/EB9f203Efv— wala na, finish na (@NeilBes12) July 22, 2018
And the obligatory:
Its Britney, bitch https://t.co/1OaEXAdg0m— Pilosopong Conyo (@laurencesulit) July 22, 2018
Someone needs to book this dog on some America’s Got Talent type of show and get him a recording contract STAT. The rest of the world needs to hear Riley.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.