- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Can you believe it’s been nearly 15 years since Britney Spears released “Toxic,” her second single off the 2003 album In the Zone? The song was an instant worldwide success and ended up being one of the top-selling singles of her career.
Of course, a good part of the reason why “Toxic” became the earworm it did was thanks to the impossibly catchy hook between verses, which to this day is instantly recognizable.
Which is why, while recording his dog Riley, Snapchat and Twitter user Matt Hardin couldn’t help but notice that the pup sounded just like he was singing Spears’ hit. “Is it just me or does Riley sound like he’s singing toxic by Britney Spears?” Hardin tweeted over the weekend.
Is it just me or does Riley sound like he’s singing toxic by Britney Spears? pic.twitter.com/XT4us4ERYD— matt (@matthardn) July 21, 2018
Indeed, if you compare Riley’s whine to the song’s actual hook, it’s pretty much uncanny. Hardin’s tweet quickly went viral as others grappled to wraps their minds around the incredible “Toxic” singing doggo. “I’ve watched this 20 times,” replied one user, to which Hardin responded, “I had to watch it a few times too just to make sure I wasn’t insane.”
Others were similarly impressed:
baby can’t you see... https://t.co/loNf26ABEK— Carlie Hanson (@carliehanson) July 22, 2018
HES ON KEY tOO ?????? https://t.co/t7gDDZb519— max (@Max_iac) July 22, 2018
It’s perfect https://t.co/P3ddXhoUYL— Max Gonzalez (@GassyMexican) July 22, 2018
riley is a legend omg https://t.co/dmElNZUhMT— bliss loves perrie and shawn (@perriesviolet) July 22, 2018
this dog can sing better than you https://t.co/EB9f203Efv— wala na, finish na (@NeilBes12) July 22, 2018
And the obligatory:
Its Britney, bitch https://t.co/1OaEXAdg0m— Pilosopong Conyo (@laurencesulit) July 22, 2018
Someone needs to book this dog on some America’s Got Talent type of show and get him a recording contract STAT. The rest of the world needs to hear Riley.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.