- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Thursday 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Thursday 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Thursday 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Thursday 10:11 AM
- Learn why light therapy is the key to keeping winter skin at bay Thursday 9:38 AM
US Customs and Border Patrol (Public Domain)
A very good dog named Hardy found a roasted pig head someone was attempting to bring into the United States via the Atlanta airport on Thursday. Atlanta’s Fox 5 reported that Hardy, who is a member of the “Beagle Brigade” at the airport, was able to sniff out the contraband in luggage belonging to a passenger from Ecuador.
Monday evening, the photo went viral.
“Our best defense against destructive pests and animal diseases is to prevent the entry of prohibited agriculture products from entering the United States,” Carey Davis, CBP area port director for the port of Atlanta, told Fox 5. “This seizure at ATL illustrates the tremendous expertise of our four-legged K-9 partners in protecting the United States.”
Someone snapped a picture of Hardy with his find, and we’re betting it’s more than pride in a job well done that’s putting such a big smile on his face.
— Travis Maurer (@TravisMFOX5) October 16, 2018
Twitter has fallen in love with the good doggo and his very excited expression.
the look on this dog's face seriously makes this one of the better stories of the year. you've done good beagle https://t.co/EQyr3WxqlJ
— Ingram Smith (@IngramSmith) October 16, 2018
Hahaha. The dogs expression is priceless https://t.co/5K5Q0Jr1jj
— Matthew Bey (@Matthew_Bey) October 16, 2018
THE DOG'S FACE. 🤣🤣🤣 https://t.co/9PfPbL4zCx
— Casey Lewis (@cynical_tutu) October 16, 2018
Dog: this suspect looks delicious ….I mean suspicious 😩😩
— Reclaiming My Time (@MzBlkMBA) October 16, 2018
That dog will be visiting the evidence locker later. “Hey officer McBark.” “Hi Dave, just signing out some evidence for a uh, case I’m working on *nervously wags tail*”
— swartgevaar (@swartgevaar1) October 16, 2018
Obviously not in favor of cops seizing your stash and using it themselves but would be ok with a one time reprieve here https://t.co/TETwQAVhky
— Dr. Friday (@lukeoneil47) October 16, 2018
Although it would be nice to think that Hardy was rewarded with some pig head for lunch that day, duea to risk of infection, the contraband was destroyed after being photographed. We’re sure he was at least given a nice treat and several pats on the head.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.