- Trump’s rant about Megan Rapinoe devolves into treatise about PC culture in the NBA 8 Months Ago
- Is Millie Bobby Brown joining the MCU? 8 Months Ago
- Hundreds of thousands demand that Etika’s previously deleted YouTube channel be restored Today 10:18 AM
- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar Today 9:47 AM
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law Today 9:07 AM
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
US Customs and Border Patrol (Public Domain)
A very good dog named Hardy found a roasted pig head someone was attempting to bring into the United States via the Atlanta airport on Thursday. Atlanta’s Fox 5 reported that Hardy, who is a member of the “Beagle Brigade” at the airport, was able to sniff out the contraband in luggage belonging to a passenger from Ecuador.
Monday evening, the photo went viral.
“Our best defense against destructive pests and animal diseases is to prevent the entry of prohibited agriculture products from entering the United States,” Carey Davis, CBP area port director for the port of Atlanta, told Fox 5. “This seizure at ATL illustrates the tremendous expertise of our four-legged K-9 partners in protecting the United States.”
Someone snapped a picture of Hardy with his find, and we’re betting it’s more than pride in a job well done that’s putting such a big smile on his face.
— Travis Maurer (@TravisMFOX5) October 16, 2018
Twitter has fallen in love with the good doggo and his very excited expression.
the look on this dog's face seriously makes this one of the better stories of the year. you've done good beagle https://t.co/EQyr3WxqlJ
— Ingram Smith (@IngramSmith) October 16, 2018
Hahaha. The dogs expression is priceless https://t.co/5K5Q0Jr1jj
— Matthew Bey (@Matthew_Bey) October 16, 2018
Dog: this suspect looks delicious ….I mean suspicious 😩😩
— Reclaiming My Time (@MzBlkMBA) October 16, 2018
That dog will be visiting the evidence locker later. “Hey officer McBark.” “Hi Dave, just signing out some evidence for a uh, case I’m working on *nervously wags tail*”
— swartgevaar (@swartgevaar1) October 16, 2018
Obviously not in favor of cops seizing your stash and using it themselves but would be ok with a one time reprieve here https://t.co/TETwQAVhky
— Dr. Friday (@lukeoneil47) October 16, 2018
Although it would be nice to think that Hardy was rewarded with some pig head for lunch that day, duea to risk of infection, the contraband was destroyed after being photographed. We’re sure he was at least given a nice treat and several pats on the head.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.