- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
A very good dog named Hardy found a roasted pig head someone was attempting to bring into the United States via the Atlanta airport on Thursday. Atlanta’s Fox 5 reported that Hardy, who is a member of the “Beagle Brigade” at the airport, was able to sniff out the contraband in luggage belonging to a passenger from Ecuador.
Monday evening, the photo went viral.
“Our best defense against destructive pests and animal diseases is to prevent the entry of prohibited agriculture products from entering the United States,” Carey Davis, CBP area port director for the port of Atlanta, told Fox 5. “This seizure at ATL illustrates the tremendous expertise of our four-legged K-9 partners in protecting the United States.”
Someone snapped a picture of Hardy with his find, and we’re betting it’s more than pride in a job well done that’s putting such a big smile on his face.
Twitter has fallen in love with the good doggo and his very excited expression.
the look on this dog's face seriously makes this one of the better stories of the year. you've done good beagle https://t.co/EQyr3WxqlJ— Ingram Smith (@IngramSmith) October 16, 2018
Hahaha. The dogs expression is priceless https://t.co/5K5Q0Jr1jj— Matthew Bey (@Matthew_Bey) October 16, 2018
Dog: this suspect looks delicious ....I mean suspicious 😩😩— Reclaiming My Time (@MzBlkMBA) October 16, 2018
That dog will be visiting the evidence locker later. “Hey officer McBark.” “Hi Dave, just signing out some evidence for a uh, case I’m working on *nervously wags tail*”— swartgevaar (@swartgevaar1) October 16, 2018
Obviously not in favor of cops seizing your stash and using it themselves but would be ok with a one time reprieve here https://t.co/TETwQAVhky— Dr. Friday (@lukeoneil47) October 16, 2018
Although it would be nice to think that Hardy was rewarded with some pig head for lunch that day, duea to risk of infection, the contraband was destroyed after being photographed. We’re sure he was at least given a nice treat and several pats on the head.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.