- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada 2 Years Ago
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Today 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Today 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Today 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Today 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Today 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
One seriously adorable Pokémon plush toy called Ditto as Electrode is making the rounds on Twitter, and the internet can’t get enough of its daily life.
The protagonist of the account, @ditto_electrode, is a plush of the Pokémon Ditto posing as an Electrode, or the next evolutionary stage of the Electric-type monster Voltorb. The little dude has a small, joyful smile.
The Twitter account posts delightful pictures of Ditto as Electrode going about daily activities, be it eating apple slices and nachos or going on a car ride. The brainchild of @pppr_splat, it’s all far too cute for words—and exactly the kind of wholesome, joyful content we need more of in these trying times.
staying cool in the shade at the park pic.twitter.com/0WoOD8rg7h— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 14, 2018
Ditto is a Pokémon known for its “Transform” ability, which lets it morph into just about anything it desires. It can even breed with any Pokémon it wishes, so you can use it in the Pokémon games to produce Eggs or to just copy your opponents’ abilities. Normally, Ditto looks like a big pink wad of bubble gum. It also has a signature friendly (some might say vacant) smile on its face.
As it turns out, Ditto as Electrode lends itself incredibly well to these series of snaps.
an apple a day makes the dorito nachos okay pic.twitter.com/MHzUV80ynS— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 18, 2018
is going for a ride pic.twitter.com/byyvg5Cm5L— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 15, 2018
gaming together is the best pic.twitter.com/OYNyrO2rW7— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 13, 2018
made a small friend today pic.twitter.com/HgGJNMSnIE— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 12, 2018
is learning to drive a manual today pic.twitter.com/yIlqQ1SoAF— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 8, 2018
The internet, understandably, just can’t get enough of the photos.
Y does this make me so happy??!!?? I love it— Jactus Cack (@bill64683751) July 18, 2018
Finally good content— J-Hopie (@calumnian) July 18, 2018
Guys, @ditto_electrode is such a wholesome account 😍— Joseymirue (@JoseyMirue) July 18, 2018
I love these, thank you!— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 18, 2018
This account makes me happy, thank you ❤— Alistotle (@sunnyst4r) July 18, 2018
Ditto as Electrode has even gotten its own fair share of fan art from the many, many Twitter denizens who are absolutely in love with the account. It’s truly hard to look away from its little face.
Look at this cute perler! https://t.co/2eN2CIZto3— ditto as electrode (@ditto_electrode) July 11, 2018
Ditto as Electrode is what the internet needs right now, and you can even get your own if you want to join in on the fun.
The official Ditto as Electrode Plush is available via The Pokémon Company, and it’ll only cost you $14.99 to start photographing your own wholesome adventures. There are other Pokémon available if you’re not an Electrode person, so what the heck? Maybe just buy one of each for good measure.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.