- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
- Cops cuff Black man for eating sandwich on subway platform Monday 1:29 PM
“A perfect shirt for dog lovers!”
The caption is harmless enough. Promising, even. Any rational person would expect an adorable dog-themed T-shirt to follow—maybe not the kind you’d wear out of the house, or even buy, but an advertisement good for a quick “aw” before you scroll past.
Instead, there’s this.
Dick vs. dog T-shirt meme
If you gazed upon this odd print and saw nothing more than a gentle hand reaching down to pat a good dog on the head, run. Close this page, find joy in your innocence, and savor the memory of a cartoon dog before it is sullied forever.
If you’re like the rest of us, unfortunately, what you saw is a flowered penis.
And now, is it a dog or a dick?
While the other examples brought the “fun” back into family arguments, this NSFW edition may not be so readily shared amongst young and old. Asking grandma whether she sees a reminder of her childhood pet or the moments leading up to a floral handjob may not make the best dinner conversation. Or maybe it will, no one knows your family but you.
But clearly seeing a gigantic dong rather than an adorable dog in the photo isn’t limited to just perverts and people who spend way too much time online. The Facebook comments section is absolutely lit up with shocked would-be-consumers who are like, really, really certain that’s not really a dog, you guys.
“Dog lovers? Or doggy style lovers?” one person joked.
Another opted to read an empowering message into the confusing photo: “She’s pushing the cock away. It’s a statement. You don’t need the D, to be all that you can be.”
There are a LOT of valid questions about this design, but that final comment really sums up the part that sticks out (ahem) the most: whether it’s a dog or a dick, why on earth is it floral??
We may never know.
But if you’re feeling gutsy, you can get your very own dick shirt for just $24.95. And if anyone takes offense at the image, just calmly point out that it’s obviously a dog. What kind of dirty mind would think otherwise?
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.