- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Today 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Today 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Today 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Today 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
A new personality test is going around Twitter this week: The game is to “describe yourself in three fictional characters.” Which combination of made-up personality traits speaks to who you really are? Now is the time to consider the question deeply and tweet about it.
The responses so far range from apparently sincere—
—to probably still sincere but also very clever—
—to the characters from your own good video game that you wrote.
Some people are Mirandas/Ilanas (this is definitely a thing):
While many, many others are Squidward, Squidward, and just Squidward. Highly relatable.
This is one of those memes that falls into the category of “games people used to play on LiveJournal 15 years ago.” Certainly it’s fun to think about the relationship between yourself and the media you like: What’s appealing about certain characters? What aspects of yourself do you see in them?
But it’s 2016 now, so people also love to be self-deprecating, jokeful irony boys.
This, by the way, is cheating. Yakko, Wakko, and Dot are like the id, ego, and superego of cartoon characters:
So, who are your three?
Im trying to do that describe yourself with 3 fictional characters but ITS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT
— THE BIG $WAG NAST¥ (@metswee) September 16, 2016
Describe yourself in 3 fictional characters
Me: *forgets every fictional character in existence*
— Beetroot Francis (@Sulidaesy) September 17, 2016
i want to do that simple ‘describe yourself with 3 fictional characters’ but im so bad at judging myself wow
— teeri (@huuhkaja) September 18, 2016
I’ve tried to do that “describe yourself with 3 fictional characters” thing 3 times now and keep coming up with nothing. You do it.
— Leena (@LeenaVanD) September 19, 2016
Remember, there’s no partial credit if you turn this assignment in late.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.