- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
The alleged strangling occurred in January, when Aretha reportedly refused to give 20-year-old Denzel money for a date. According to TMZ, Aretha later confronted Denzel about his R-E-S-P-E-C-T problem and accused him of taking money from her coat.
In a criminal complaint filed in Manhattan, Aretha claims that Denzel “place[d] his hands around her neck and apply pressure, thereby causing redness, bruising and substantial pain to her neck.”
Denzel was arrested and told to stay away from his mother, but it seems he didn’t learn his lesson, as he has allegedly trespassed at his mother’s apartment building in recent weeks. On Wednesday, Denzel took a plea deal for harassment as violation, a charge that carried with it no jail time.
The New York Post reports that he has to take anger management classes as part of his plea deal. You better think, Denzel—especially for Aretha’s sake.
Aly Keves is a former Realtime Social Editor at the Daily Dot. While most of her time was spent on Twitter, she made time to write about 'The Bachelor,' adorable videos, and 'The Golden Girls.' She lives in New York City and became Bloomberg's Audience Engagement Editor in 2016.