Everyone’s obsessed with this video of a deer nailing the drums in Phil Collins’ ‘In the Air Tonight’
- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
Every now and then comes along a brief moment of pure, wholesome, unadulterated internet joy that makes us forget that we’re living in the barren hellscape that is 2018. This week, that joy comes in the form of a deer accidentally recreating the ubiquitous drum solo in the 1981 Phil Collins hit “In the Air Tonight” by stumbling over the slide on a children’s play set.
The video, titled “in the deer 2nite,” was uploaded by YouTuber Josh Ballico on Monday, and quickly went on to become a viral sensation.
It’s unclear whether or not Ballico took the original video, or why the person just happened to be filming a random deer when it tripped, or even why the deer decided to go over the playset instead of just walking around it. There are so many questions!
On the other hand, maybe we should just let the mystery be and just enjoy 18 perfect, amazing seconds along with the rest of the internet—as the video eventually made its way to Twitter and people frigging love it.
This is the greatest thing I've ever seen pic.twitter.com/D9DxwQhvzG— Stan Lewis (@StanLewis_) October 1, 2018
I wasn’t ready to laugh this hard pic.twitter.com/OZWaV6e8hP— dylan (@dyllyp) October 3, 2018
This deer's been working hard on the drum bit from Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight. Well done son. pic.twitter.com/I3tPifwiwK— Matt Deegan (@matt) October 3, 2018
Even Valerie Bertinelli is extremely here for Phil Collins Deer Twitter:
Oh deer 😂🦌🥁 https://t.co/GWKTpXlnys— Valerie Bertinelli (@Wolfiesmom) October 3, 2018
Doing some light poking around, Ballico’s YouTube account also uncovered the following gem uploaded four months ago, perfectly named “House of Drain, ‘Tap Around'” in reference to the 1992 House of Pain song “Jump Around.”
Especially when you factor in the absence of Vine, the world clearly needs more of these type of short videos, even if we have to wait another four months.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.