- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice 3 Weeks Ago
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
With the decade coming to a close, people are participating in the Glow Up challenge of the decade: sharing photos of themselves from 2009 next to ones from 2019.
Okay, it’s that time! Show me what you looked like at the beginning of the decade vs the end! pic.twitter.com/9ub3Ckk5Fl— mari (@MusingsOfAGirl) November 13, 2019
Noelle Stevenson, the creator of Lumberjanes and She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, attached the caption: “Drama club gremlin, you have no idea what you’re in for.”
2009 --> 2019. Drama club gremlin, you have no idea what you're in for pic.twitter.com/8rW6Ug7v1B— Noelle Stevenson (@Gingerhazing) November 18, 2019
Some people are sharing their decade-long spectacular Glow Ups that touch on professional and life achievements, as well as style.
End of the decade challenge, so we can feel really gr8 abt ourselves HAHA ☃️ 2009-2019 pic.twitter.com/IQJoUdVzn5— Nikki Vicente (@NCLVCNT) December 31, 2018
@CorinthiansIOM 10 year challenge 2000-09 1 Div 2 championship 1 Flood-lit Cup 2009-2019 7 Div 1 championships 6 Flood-lit Cups 5 FA Cups @CorinthiansIOM have made @IOMFAWomenGirls history by winning one of the top three honours in every year of this decade including 3 trebles pic.twitter.com/oullXlVPvD— Paul Hatton (@Hatty1970) January 26, 2019
Something about decade challenge.— Eliza roux (@Eliza_Roux) November 18, 2019
While this guy flat out refused, saying “i’d do the 2009-2019 challenge but i’m not interested in documenting a decade of me being ugly for the internet’s sake so there you go.”
i'd do the 2009-2019 challenge but i'm not interested in documenting a decade of me being ugly for the internet's sake so there you go— whereisalex (@nowherealex) January 14, 2019
Twitter user @ladycoffee had the disturbing realization that high school for her was a decade ago (it comes for us all in time).
10 year challenge.. 2009-2019.. just now realising high school were a decade ago.. fuck me am old.. pic.twitter.com/6IL5FJ8e8i— noodle juice. (@ladyfcoffee) January 15, 2019
While others have taken that realization farther with the “how hard did aging hit you” variation on the original challenge.
THE "HOW HARD DID AGING HIT YOU" CHALLENGE 🙌— Candi Curtis (@candicurtis) January 13, 2019
Upload your ‘first’ ever profile pic and your most recent profile right next to it 👇 #FBAgingChallenge
(A decade in Central Oregon)
2009 - 2019
The “How Hard Did Aging Hit You?” Challenge. Take your 1st profile pic & your current profile pic and brace yourself.— L.A. Sjogren 🏳️🌈 (@la_sjogren) January 13, 2019
2009- 2019. 10 years. I've made every single change under the sun, but I'm back to square one; just more experienced and compassionate than I was a decade ago. pic.twitter.com/WzMdL91IQk
HoW HaRd DiD AgiNg Hit YoU?— christine agustin (@veordie) November 9, 2019
2014 vs 2019 pic.twitter.com/opjMKkOmdt
And the true heroes of the hour have applied the challenge to their pets instead.
My favorite part of the 2009/2019 challenge is finding this photo of a young Purry Furrington ~*~ My second favorite part is realizing that decade is finaaaally over. pic.twitter.com/POw9KgOCQK— Miss Rosen (@Miss_Rosen) January 14, 2019
My pets in 2009: a hedgehog and three axolotls.— Greven Rache (@GrevensEpiphany) October 16, 2019
My pets in 2019: a dog.
I've become boring in my old age.
2009 vs 2019? sure thing— Eilidh McNeil (Spacelady) 💜💀♠️ (@spaceladyart) November 18, 2019
have two 2019 photos because I like both of them
also have a 2019 of my cat pic.twitter.com/AIn7KaaUO1
I'm basically the same:— 🎄let it pom let it pom let it (@pom_pom_puri) November 18, 2019
2009 (snuggling up to a bearded man and holding an angry cat)
2019 (snuggling up to a bearded man and holding an angry cat pic.twitter.com/TLRvhXNGB5
Siobhan Ball is a historian, archivist, and journalist. She also writes for Autostraddle and bi.org