- What does ‘uwu’ mean? 2 Years Ago
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
‘You’re so f****** tough?’ the mother asks.
In the video, which was taken of a video on another a smartphone screen, Barbara Ann says to Danielle, “Give me the phone, bitch,” while holding onto her hair, then proceeds to drag the 13-year-old along the ground and attempts to hit her while pinning her down and saying, “You’re so fucking tough?” Danielle is seen hitting her mother back.
Another clip shown in the same video shows Barbara Ann yelling at Danielle while Danielle sits on a couch and talks on a phone. The people recording the video from the phone screen laugh in the background after both clips.
Elite Daily speculates that the footage is connected to a call that police received on March 7 for assistance at the family’s home in Boynton Beach, Florida. According to TMZ, Barbara Ann was allegedly kicking out a friend of Danielle’s who was living at their home. Police told TMZ that the call didn’t escalate physically, however, and they left without further incident.
This behavior isn’t an anomaly for the family. During her first interview with the show, Danielle admitted to her mother attempting to hit her, and footage from the interview showed Barbara Ann swearing at her, and the duo threatening to hit each other as well.
Representation for Danielle did not immediately return Daily Dot’s request for comment.
H/T Elite Daily
Update March 22, 3:56pm: Danielle told the Daily Dot in a statement that the video was from two years ago, and that an ex-best friend has released the video in an attempt to extort money from her in exchange for keeping other videos unreleased. In a follow-up email, Danielle said the family is discussing possible legal recourse.
“I love my mother,” Danielle told the Daily Dot via email. “Video was from years ago. We weren’t really fighting, just arguing. Video was edited to only show that part by my ex-best friend who is trying to get me to pay her money to not release old videos.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.