- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine Today 7:18 AM
‘You’re so f****** tough?’ the mother asks.
In the video, which was taken of a video on another a smartphone screen, Barbara Ann says to Danielle, “Give me the phone, bitch,” while holding onto her hair, then proceeds to drag the 13-year-old along the ground and attempts to hit her while pinning her down and saying, “You’re so fucking tough?” Danielle is seen hitting her mother back.
Another clip shown in the same video shows Barbara Ann yelling at Danielle while Danielle sits on a couch and talks on a phone. The people recording the video from the phone screen laugh in the background after both clips.
Elite Daily speculates that the footage is connected to a call that police received on March 7 for assistance at the family’s home in Boynton Beach, Florida. According to TMZ, Barbara Ann was allegedly kicking out a friend of Danielle’s who was living at their home. Police told TMZ that the call didn’t escalate physically, however, and they left without further incident.
This behavior isn’t an anomaly for the family. During her first interview with the show, Danielle admitted to her mother attempting to hit her, and footage from the interview showed Barbara Ann swearing at her, and the duo threatening to hit each other as well.
Representation for Danielle did not immediately return Daily Dot’s request for comment.
H/T Elite Daily
Update March 22, 3:56pm: Danielle told the Daily Dot in a statement that the video was from two years ago, and that an ex-best friend has released the video in an attempt to extort money from her in exchange for keeping other videos unreleased. In a follow-up email, Danielle said the family is discussing possible legal recourse.
“I love my mother,” Danielle told the Daily Dot via email. “Video was from years ago. We weren’t really fighting, just arguing. Video was edited to only show that part by my ex-best friend who is trying to get me to pay her money to not release old videos.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.