- How do 4DX movies work? 2 Years Ago
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ 2 Years Ago
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
‘You’re so f****** tough?’ the mother asks.
In the video, which was taken of a video on another a smartphone screen, Barbara Ann says to Danielle, “Give me the phone, bitch,” while holding onto her hair, then proceeds to drag the 13-year-old along the ground and attempts to hit her while pinning her down and saying, “You’re so fucking tough?” Danielle is seen hitting her mother back.
Another clip shown in the same video shows Barbara Ann yelling at Danielle while Danielle sits on a couch and talks on a phone. The people recording the video from the phone screen laugh in the background after both clips.
Elite Daily speculates that the footage is connected to a call that police received on March 7 for assistance at the family’s home in Boynton Beach, Florida. According to TMZ, Barbara Ann was allegedly kicking out a friend of Danielle’s who was living at their home. Police told TMZ that the call didn’t escalate physically, however, and they left without further incident.
This behavior isn’t an anomaly for the family. During her first interview with the show, Danielle admitted to her mother attempting to hit her, and footage from the interview showed Barbara Ann swearing at her, and the duo threatening to hit each other as well.
Representation for Danielle did not immediately return Daily Dot’s request for comment.
H/T Elite Daily
Update March 22, 3:56pm: Danielle told the Daily Dot in a statement that the video was from two years ago, and that an ex-best friend has released the video in an attempt to extort money from her in exchange for keeping other videos unreleased. In a follow-up email, Danielle said the family is discussing possible legal recourse.
“I love my mother,” Danielle told the Daily Dot via email. “Video was from years ago. We weren’t really fighting, just arguing. Video was edited to only show that part by my ex-best friend who is trying to get me to pay her money to not release old videos.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.