- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Dan Bilzerian posted some boobs on Snapchat and got instantly suspended
Not everyone’s a fan of guns and nudity.
This article contains sexually explicit material.
Love him or hate him, Dan Bilzerian is one of the Internet’s hottest commodities. The gun-toting, face-kicking, model-banging, bomb-making, porn-star-tossing multimillionaire already rules Instagram with a macho, meaty fist. Now he’s gone after Snapchat.
The same auto-destruct feature that makes the app an ideal sexting platform—photos can only be viewed for a set time and are then supposedly wiped from company servers—suits Bilzerian’s themes of nudity and rank hedonism. Even so, he tweeted that he may not be on Snapchat for long: “I did my first snapchat(danbilzerian), i hope nudity is allowed or my snapchat career will be short lived,” he wrote. Hours later, his Twitter account was suspended, though it remains unclear why. It’s currently back online.
Bilzerian managed to fire off one snap before that account, too, was shut down. In the brief video selfie, he cavorts in bed with a handgun and a topless woman (who, some have speculated, is model Lindsey Pelas). The viewer is then treated to a few seconds of bare and bouncing breasts. Snapchat’s community guidelines expressly forbid “pornography,” a broad term that gives them plenty of leeway to squelch undesirable content. That Bilzerian had posted the clip as a public “Story,” meaning any (underage) user could watch it, surely factored in their decision to pull the plug after Bilzerian deleted the snap.
You know, it’s kind of nice seeing a guy who always gets what he wants finally taken down a peg. Not that he gives a shit.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'