- How to stream ‘Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists’ for free 4 Years Ago
- As followers get more violent, should 8chan ban QAnon? 4 Years Ago
- What you need to know about DVR on DirecTV Now Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Hulu’s ‘The Act’ free Today 5:00 AM
- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
Dan Bilzerian posted some boobs on Snapchat and got instantly suspended
Not everyone’s a fan of guns and nudity.
This article contains sexually explicit material.
Love him or hate him, Dan Bilzerian is one of the Internet’s hottest commodities. The gun-toting, face-kicking, model-banging, bomb-making, porn-star-tossing multimillionaire already rules Instagram with a macho, meaty fist. Now he’s gone after Snapchat.
The same auto-destruct feature that makes the app an ideal sexting platform—photos can only be viewed for a set time and are then supposedly wiped from company servers—suits Bilzerian’s themes of nudity and rank hedonism. Even so, he tweeted that he may not be on Snapchat for long: “I did my first snapchat(danbilzerian), i hope nudity is allowed or my snapchat career will be short lived,” he wrote. Hours later, his Twitter account was suspended, though it remains unclear why. It’s currently back online.
Bilzerian managed to fire off one snap before that account, too, was shut down. In the brief video selfie, he cavorts in bed with a handgun and a topless woman (who, some have speculated, is model Lindsey Pelas). The viewer is then treated to a few seconds of bare and bouncing breasts. Snapchat’s community guidelines expressly forbid “pornography,” a broad term that gives them plenty of leeway to squelch undesirable content. That Bilzerian had posted the clip as a public “Story,” meaning any (underage) user could watch it, surely factored in their decision to pull the plug after Bilzerian deleted the snap.
You know, it’s kind of nice seeing a guy who always gets what he wants finally taken down a peg. Not that he gives a shit.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'