- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
Dan Bilzerian posted some boobs on Snapchat and got instantly suspended
Not everyone’s a fan of guns and nudity.
This article contains sexually explicit material.
Love him or hate him, Dan Bilzerian is one of the Internet’s hottest commodities. The gun-toting, face-kicking, model-banging, bomb-making, porn-star-tossing multimillionaire already rules Instagram with a macho, meaty fist. Now he’s gone after Snapchat.
The same auto-destruct feature that makes the app an ideal sexting platform—photos can only be viewed for a set time and are then supposedly wiped from company servers—suits Bilzerian’s themes of nudity and rank hedonism. Even so, he tweeted that he may not be on Snapchat for long: “I did my first snapchat(danbilzerian), i hope nudity is allowed or my snapchat career will be short lived,” he wrote. Hours later, his Twitter account was suspended, though it remains unclear why. It’s currently back online.
Bilzerian managed to fire off one snap before that account, too, was shut down. In the brief video selfie, he cavorts in bed with a handgun and a topless woman (who, some have speculated, is model Lindsey Pelas). The viewer is then treated to a few seconds of bare and bouncing breasts. Snapchat’s community guidelines expressly forbid “pornography,” a broad term that gives them plenty of leeway to squelch undesirable content. That Bilzerian had posted the clip as a public “Story,” meaning any (underage) user could watch it, surely factored in their decision to pull the plug after Bilzerian deleted the snap.
You know, it’s kind of nice seeing a guy who always gets what he wants finally taken down a peg. Not that he gives a shit.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'