- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge 5 Years Ago
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
Dan Bilzerian posted some boobs on Snapchat and got instantly suspended
Not everyone’s a fan of guns and nudity.
This article contains sexually explicit material.
Love him or hate him, Dan Bilzerian is one of the Internet’s hottest commodities. The gun-toting, face-kicking, model-banging, bomb-making, porn-star-tossing multimillionaire already rules Instagram with a macho, meaty fist. Now he’s gone after Snapchat.
The same auto-destruct feature that makes the app an ideal sexting platform—photos can only be viewed for a set time and are then supposedly wiped from company servers—suits Bilzerian’s themes of nudity and rank hedonism. Even so, he tweeted that he may not be on Snapchat for long: “I did my first snapchat(danbilzerian), i hope nudity is allowed or my snapchat career will be short lived,” he wrote. Hours later, his Twitter account was suspended, though it remains unclear why. It’s currently back online.
Bilzerian managed to fire off one snap before that account, too, was shut down. In the brief video selfie, he cavorts in bed with a handgun and a topless woman (who, some have speculated, is model Lindsey Pelas). The viewer is then treated to a few seconds of bare and bouncing breasts. Snapchat’s community guidelines expressly forbid “pornography,” a broad term that gives them plenty of leeway to squelch undesirable content. That Bilzerian had posted the clip as a public “Story,” meaning any (underage) user could watch it, surely factored in their decision to pull the plug after Bilzerian deleted the snap.
You know, it’s kind of nice seeing a guy who always gets what he wants finally taken down a peg. Not that he gives a shit.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'