- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
When parents make outlandish claims, it’s only natural for their kids to be wary. One Twitter user whose father claimed he dated a celebrity did precisely that–until he pulled out the receipts, that is.
“My dad has been telling me he dated Salma Hayek for a weekend like all my life and I never believed him until he sent me these pics of him partying with her and all my tias,” Twitter user @youneedyuri wrote, along with the photographic evidence.
my dad has been telling me he dated salma hayek for a weekend like all my life and i never believed him until he sent me these pics of him partying w her and all my tias pic.twitter.com/hG3Bojtrq4— deadman @ CCE CRUNCH (@youneedyuri) September 10, 2019
In the pictures, a young Hayek can be seen striking fierce poses and standing close to a group of people, who the poster alleges is comprised of her father and aunts. While she was thrilled to finally be able to verify her dad’s story, one commenter pointed out that the pictures raise a whole lot more questions about what happened during their weekend outing, long ago.
“I wish there was more context…. just a weekend…,” the commenter questioned.
@youneedyuri agreed that she, too, needed to find out more.
“He did mention they were on the beach and held hands but I never know if I should trust the shit he tells me.. but now I can confirm thru my two aunts who are also in those pics,” she wrote. Her dad seems to boast an exciting life because he also once allegedly met notorious drug lord El Chapo.
ME TOO I NEED TO FIND OUT!!! he did mention they were on the beach and held hands but i never know if i should trust the shit he tells me.. but now i can confirm thru my two aunts who are also in those pics— deadman @ CCE CRUNCH (@youneedyuri) September 10, 2019
The tweet is relatively unknown as of right now, with only a few retweets and likes. Some are hoping the tweet will go viral and Hayek herself will respond with answers.
“I need this to blow up so @salmahayek can see this and remember these really good times,” one user wrote, tagging the celebrity in the thread.
I need this to blow up so @salmahayek can see this and remember these really good times!!!!!!— its ben! (@BA5ILEUS) September 10, 2019
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.