- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Saturday 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Saturday 8:00 AM
If there’s anything a dog owner probably doesn’t want to see, it’s the sight of their own adorable pup brandishing a knife in their teeth. And yet, that’s what apparently happened to someone this week, based on a trending YouTube video that definitely deserves the attention.
Here’s the basic rundown: YouTube user Mitch Thurman beckons to his little dog Charlie—who, as it quickly becomes clear, is holding a large knife in his mouth, crooked out to one side. It’s the perfect image for Halloween season―an effortlessly cute dog turned terrifying by way of a sharp blade―but Mitch seems eager to get him to drop the knife, for obvious reasons.
“Charlie, give daddy the knife,” he says, slowly extending his hand. When Charlie finally obeys, he snatches it up off the ground.
So far, the video has more than 250,000 views, and it’s cracked the top 25 trending videos, making Charlie one of the most popular dogs on YouTube—at least for a little while. Hopefully in the future, Charlie manages to control his endless yearning to feel the cold, gleaming steel of a knife between his teeth.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.