- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
If there’s anything a dog owner probably doesn’t want to see, it’s the sight of their own adorable pup brandishing a knife in their teeth. And yet, that’s what apparently happened to someone this week, based on a trending YouTube video that definitely deserves the attention.
Here’s the basic rundown: YouTube user Mitch Thurman beckons to his little dog Charlie—who, as it quickly becomes clear, is holding a large knife in his mouth, crooked out to one side. It’s the perfect image for Halloween season―an effortlessly cute dog turned terrifying by way of a sharp blade―but Mitch seems eager to get him to drop the knife, for obvious reasons.
“Charlie, give daddy the knife,” he says, slowly extending his hand. When Charlie finally obeys, he snatches it up off the ground.
So far, the video has more than 250,000 views, and it’s cracked the top 25 trending videos, making Charlie one of the most popular dogs on YouTube—at least for a little while. Hopefully in the future, Charlie manages to control his endless yearning to feel the cold, gleaming steel of a knife between his teeth.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.