- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence 11 Months Ago
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
- How ‘and I oop’ became the perfect reaction meme for shocking developments Today 8:47 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Perfection’ is a totally unhinged, WTF horror film Today 8:00 AM
This guy made an incredible ‘Cotton Eye Joe’ mashup of his girlfriend’s selfies
If it hadn’t been for Cotton Eye Joe…
Some heartfelt conversations are too wonderful to keep to yourself.
That logic motivated a new viral tweet from Twitter user @Marissa_Tee_, who shared a screen recording that her boyfriend sent her in the middle of a heart-to-heart conversation. In the video, her boyfriend shuffles through a few different mirror selfies of her in a bathing suit while (sort of) mouthing the lyrics to “Cotton Eye Joe.”
In the middle of having a heart to heart conversation my boyfriend unexpectedly sends me this screen recording… pic.twitter.com/wNlSbzAzNn
— Tee (@Marissa_Tee_) June 15, 2018
The actions sync up hysterically well, to the point that @Marissa_Tee_ might as well be dancing along to the Rednex classic. Her boyfriend clearly agrees, because pretty soon he cracks himself up and starts singing a bunch of gibberish—which, let’s face it, is preferable to that godawful middle school dance anthem anyway.
Since she posted it on Thursday, @Marissa_Tee_’s tweet has earned more than 662,000 likes and 239,000 retweets—just proof that some things really do deserve to be shared with the world.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.