- Is ‘Save Spider-Man from Sony’ fueled by pro-Disney bots? 1 Year Ago
- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
Some heartfelt conversations are too wonderful to keep to yourself.
That logic motivated a new viral tweet from Twitter user @Marissa_Tee_, who shared a screen recording that her boyfriend sent her in the middle of a heart-to-heart conversation. In the video, her boyfriend shuffles through a few different mirror selfies of her in a bathing suit while (sort of) mouthing the lyrics to “Cotton Eye Joe.”
In the middle of having a heart to heart conversation my boyfriend unexpectedly sends me this screen recording... pic.twitter.com/wNlSbzAzNn— Tee (@Marissa_Tee_) June 15, 2018
The actions sync up hysterically well, to the point that @Marissa_Tee_ might as well be dancing along to the Rednex classic. Her boyfriend clearly agrees, because pretty soon he cracks himself up and starts singing a bunch of gibberish—which, let’s face it, is preferable to that godawful middle school dance anthem anyway.
Since she posted it on Thursday, @Marissa_Tee_’s tweet has earned more than 662,000 likes and 239,000 retweets—just proof that some things really do deserve to be shared with the world.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.