- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman 1 Year Ago
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram 1 Year Ago
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
- Cole Carrigan again accuses Austin McBroom of sexual assault Today 9:58 AM
Some heartfelt conversations are too wonderful to keep to yourself.
That logic motivated a new viral tweet from Twitter user @Marissa_Tee_, who shared a screen recording that her boyfriend sent her in the middle of a heart-to-heart conversation. In the video, her boyfriend shuffles through a few different mirror selfies of her in a bathing suit while (sort of) mouthing the lyrics to “Cotton Eye Joe.”
In the middle of having a heart to heart conversation my boyfriend unexpectedly sends me this screen recording... pic.twitter.com/wNlSbzAzNn— Tee (@Marissa_Tee_) June 15, 2018
The actions sync up hysterically well, to the point that @Marissa_Tee_ might as well be dancing along to the Rednex classic. Her boyfriend clearly agrees, because pretty soon he cracks himself up and starts singing a bunch of gibberish—which, let’s face it, is preferable to that godawful middle school dance anthem anyway.
Since she posted it on Thursday, @Marissa_Tee_’s tweet has earned more than 662,000 likes and 239,000 retweets—just proof that some things really do deserve to be shared with the world.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.