- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest 9 Months Ago
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? 9 Months Ago
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
This guy made an incredible ‘Cotton Eye Joe’ mashup of his girlfriend’s selfies
If it hadn’t been for Cotton Eye Joe…
Some heartfelt conversations are too wonderful to keep to yourself.
That logic motivated a new viral tweet from Twitter user @Marissa_Tee_, who shared a screen recording that her boyfriend sent her in the middle of a heart-to-heart conversation. In the video, her boyfriend shuffles through a few different mirror selfies of her in a bathing suit while (sort of) mouthing the lyrics to “Cotton Eye Joe.”
In the middle of having a heart to heart conversation my boyfriend unexpectedly sends me this screen recording… pic.twitter.com/wNlSbzAzNn
— Tee (@Marissa_Tee_) June 15, 2018
The actions sync up hysterically well, to the point that @Marissa_Tee_ might as well be dancing along to the Rednex classic. Her boyfriend clearly agrees, because pretty soon he cracks himself up and starts singing a bunch of gibberish—which, let’s face it, is preferable to that godawful middle school dance anthem anyway.
Since she posted it on Thursday, @Marissa_Tee_’s tweet has earned more than 662,000 likes and 239,000 retweets—just proof that some things really do deserve to be shared with the world.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.