- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
This article contains graphic material.
There’s such fine line between hilarious and stupid. In fact, if we’re being totally honest with ourselves, they’re sometimes one and the same.
Take, for example, this man eating corn on the cob using a power drill.
Not the smartest move, but it’s hard not to laugh when that kernel of corn shoots up his nose. It’s also worth noting that the video is entitled “How to eat a corn cob in ten seconds,” but, as many YouTube commenters pointed out, it’s more like “How to spray corn all over your house in 11 seconds”.
Be that as it may, as with so many obviously dangerously foolish challenges, bored citizens of the Internet have decided they should give a whirl. Nothing like finding idiotic new ways to injure yourself, and this girl succeeds in epic fashion, losing a handful of her hair.
— く り す け 。 (@_kryzt) May 7, 2016
What’s strange is that the “friend” running the power drill doesn’t stop it when the hair gets caught. In fact, it’s still rotating at the end of the video. Perhaps the most surprising thing is how messy this isn’t. Considering the amount of hair loss, there’s not really much blood, so if you’re thinking of shaving your head, maybe buy a power drill and save yourself some time?
(For the love of god, please don’t actually try that.)
We even got a follow-up video of this girl being treated for her injuries. It appears she’s going to be fine… and shopping for a lot of hats.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.