- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power 4 Years Ago
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
This article contains graphic material.
There’s such fine line between hilarious and stupid. In fact, if we’re being totally honest with ourselves, they’re sometimes one and the same.
Take, for example, this man eating corn on the cob using a power drill.
Not the smartest move, but it’s hard not to laugh when that kernel of corn shoots up his nose. It’s also worth noting that the video is entitled “How to eat a corn cob in ten seconds,” but, as many YouTube commenters pointed out, it’s more like “How to spray corn all over your house in 11 seconds”.
Be that as it may, as with so many obviously dangerously foolish challenges, bored citizens of the Internet have decided they should give a whirl. Nothing like finding idiotic new ways to injure yourself, and this girl succeeds in epic fashion, losing a handful of her hair.
— く り す け 。 (@_kryzt) May 7, 2016
What’s strange is that the “friend” running the power drill doesn’t stop it when the hair gets caught. In fact, it’s still rotating at the end of the video. Perhaps the most surprising thing is how messy this isn’t. Considering the amount of hair loss, there’s not really much blood, so if you’re thinking of shaving your head, maybe buy a power drill and save yourself some time?
(For the love of god, please don’t actually try that.)
We even got a follow-up video of this girl being treated for her injuries. It appears she’s going to be fine… and shopping for a lot of hats.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.