- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Today 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Today 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Today 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Today 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Today 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Today 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Today 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Today 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Today 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
Everyone deals with boredom differently. Some people go on Facebook. Others create art. But few can compare to Twitter user @stabbyloki, who shoved a stuffed shark into a scanner and showed the internet the results.
out of boredom i decided to scan a stuffed shark. here are the results. pic.twitter.com/QGGujkp0vC
— the siew who stole christmas (@stabbyloki) December 16, 2018
He’s beautiful. Something about his chubby body and menacing face pressed right up against the scanner glass is too cute.
It didn’t take long for the internet to start sharing @stabbyloki’s post, which has gained over 46,000 retweets and 104,000 likes in just two days.
Now it's in the sea pic.twitter.com/GbPsnvLVLl
— Tie-Z- (@tie_z_) December 17, 2018
— Andy (@_rallycap) December 16, 2018
Thos is amazing. I also have this exact same stuffed shark. His name is Sharkqueal O'Neal… https://t.co/Z7MNYtWtjB
— iloveglee (@ilovegleek15) December 17, 2018
He’s “Copy Shark,” the new addition to the “Baby Shark” song.
Copy shark doo doo doo doo doo https://t.co/3MtYaW65ak
— Dipper @ Aquatifur (@dipper_rat) December 16, 2018
SHORK doodoo doodoo dooDO https://t.co/jSJcnJkRIT
— ÒwÓ (@sunnysidechu) December 17, 2018
Meanwhile, Twitter took one look at the shark and quickly shouted “me irl.”
Me having an anxiety attack https://t.co/FBUsQFP9Yc
— little (@romyfoster_) December 17, 2018
hahahahahhahhahhaha my face when i look at exam timetables
— Jayde ♛ (@jaydemacgregor_) December 17, 2018
me at work 😂😂 https://t.co/dNManmuFAj
— 툥사리 ♡ (@softtyongie) December 17, 2018
These are the kinda thoughts I get in class. All the time. https://t.co/0F2cBKPYhB
— Juliette Br (@Juliet_Brt) December 17, 2018
It makes great wallpaper, too.
can confirm: it is pic.twitter.com/ZFqHKaNolu
— Max Guttman (@maxwellhallel) December 17, 2018
In conclusion, @stabbyloki is an artist, and we’re looking at a magnum opus right here.
Is it me or ain't that art in of itself? pic.twitter.com/JHTMLBzSfC
— Sufi Khirul Bahri (@catcrazesufi) December 17, 2018
— Kathleen Gatliff (@kathleengatliff) December 17, 2018
Rock on, Copy Shark. The world is a better place with you.
Ana Valens is an LGBTQ reporter and essayist for the Daily Dot. Her work has previously appeared in Bitch, the Establishment, Vice's Waypoint, Rolling Stone's Glixel, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.