- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 6 Months Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 6 Months Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
Everyone deals with boredom differently. Some people go on Facebook. Others create art. But few can compare to Twitter user @stabbyloki, who shoved a stuffed shark into a scanner and showed the internet the results.
out of boredom i decided to scan a stuffed shark. here are the results. pic.twitter.com/QGGujkp0vC
— the siew who stole christmas (@stabbyloki) December 16, 2018
He’s beautiful. Something about his chubby body and menacing face pressed right up against the scanner glass is too cute.
It didn’t take long for the internet to start sharing @stabbyloki’s post, which has gained over 46,000 retweets and 104,000 likes in just two days.
Now it's in the sea pic.twitter.com/GbPsnvLVLl
— Tie-Z- (@tie_z_) December 17, 2018
— Andy (@_rallycap) December 16, 2018
Thos is amazing. I also have this exact same stuffed shark. His name is Sharkqueal O'Neal… https://t.co/Z7MNYtWtjB
— iloveglee (@ilovegleek15) December 17, 2018
He’s “Copy Shark,” the new addition to the “Baby Shark” song.
Copy shark doo doo doo doo doo https://t.co/3MtYaW65ak
— Dipper @ Aquatifur (@dipper_rat) December 16, 2018
SHORK doodoo doodoo dooDO https://t.co/jSJcnJkRIT
— ÒwÓ (@sunnysidechu) December 17, 2018
Meanwhile, Twitter took one look at the shark and quickly shouted “me irl.”
Me having an anxiety attack https://t.co/FBUsQFP9Yc
— little (@romyfoster_) December 17, 2018
hahahahahhahhahhaha my face when i look at exam timetables
— Jayde ♛ (@jaydemacgregor_) December 17, 2018
These are the kinda thoughts I get in class. All the time. https://t.co/0F2cBKPYhB
— Juliette Br (@Juliet_Brt) December 17, 2018
It makes great wallpaper, too.
can confirm: it is pic.twitter.com/ZFqHKaNolu
— Max Guttman (@maxwellhallel) December 17, 2018
In conclusion, @stabbyloki is an artist, and we’re looking at a magnum opus right here.
Is it me or ain't that art in of itself? pic.twitter.com/JHTMLBzSfC
— Sufi Khirul Bahri (@catcrazesufi) December 17, 2018
— Kathleen Gatliff (@kathleengatliff) December 17, 2018
Rock on, Copy Shark. The world is a better place with you.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Waypoint, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone's Glixel, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.