- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy 4 Years Ago
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
Black widow spiders stand no chance against cop in full riot gear
A spider is innocent until proven guilty.
Police officers took care of an unlikely suspect on Wednesday night, described as female, wearing black and red, with eight legs. The suspect was, indeed, a deadly black widow spider.
Apparently the “scariest call of the night” for the police department in Golden, Colorado, were a bunch of arachnids soliciting insects the corner of one of their station’s hallways. Officer Carreno was the brave soul who took on the threat—though not before donning the appropriate defensive attire: riot gear.
The police department posted a photo of Carreno taking down the venomous villains.
The cops may have fought these ladies more successfully than the dude who tried to kill a spider by setting a gas station on fire, but they wouldn’t have had a chance against this Black Widow.
H/T 9News | Photo by averain/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.