- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok 6 Years Ago
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Today 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
Conan has discovered bronies, and they’re going to wish he hadn’t
My Little Pony fandom may be embarrassed to be associated with Andy Richter.
Conan O’Brien has stepped into the world of bronies.
Bronies are adults, many of them men, who love the children’s show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. They have conventions for the show, a massive online fan base, their own nonprofit organization, and a documentary about them coming out on LOGO.
The famed talk show host told his audience yesterday that he watched the Brony documentary—first released online back in January—and found their culture fascinating.
He even showed clips of the film, and a familiar face popped up among the My Little Pony fans.
Oops. How embarrassing. On Conan’s YouTube channel, the commenters are mostly bronies arguing about the comedian making fun of them.
Bronies have criticized the documentary itself for focusing only on the show’s male fans, so you can only imagine how well a spoof of the fandom went over in Equestria. Looks like Conan may have hit a sore spot.
But also, Andy Richter as a brony is pretty hilarious and worth a watch.
Screengrab via YouTube
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.