- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law 2 Weeks Ago
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
This phone case can make your coffee–and it’s as ridiculous as it seems
Coffee addicts, do I have some good news for you.
You actually don’t have to rush to your nearest cafe to get a fresh cup of coffee, because there is a phone case out there that will brew it just for you.
The phone case, known as Mokase, allows for a person to insert an expresso-filled cartridge into the side of the case. After the cartridge has been entered, a button is pressed that begins the coffee brewing process.
The battery in the case then heats up the expresso and voila, instant coffee.
It even comes with a collapsible, on-the-go cup.
Coffee addicts, this phone case will change your life pic.twitter.com/xwsCbdjs1B
— Mashable (@mashable) June 10, 2019
The case, which retails for $54 dollars, is perfect for someone who is a caffeine-fueled busy person–especially since a new report found that drinking up to 25 cups a day isn’t actually all that bad for your health.
People on Twitter were less than impressed with the case. Most made fun of the concept, citing capitalism–which is back at it, yet again.
Capitalism needs to be stopped.
— Snarking Geoffefe (@EnterTheSwett) June 10, 2019
“Yes capitalism, this absolutely is the perfect product everyone needs. thank you innovation. Thank you,” Twitter user @MediaOffline wrote.
yes capitalism, this absolutely is the product everyone needs.
thank you innovation.
— Bone Smuggler (@MediaOffline1) June 10, 2019
Others thought making a phone case that can heat up to 140 degrees is risky. Especially since phones have a history of exploding.
Yeah let’s make a phone case that heats things to 140 degrees. That sounds great.
— Not Even Close (@notevenclose13) June 10, 2019
This is not the first time the phone case has garnered attention–it also made national headlines in 2017 for being so ridiculous.
- Anti-rainbow capitalism memes fight back against the corporatization of Pride
- This $15K apartment is just for Instagram influencer photo shoots
- Lyft’s in-app pronoun choices are rainbow capitalism at its worst
- ‘Game of Thrones’ really left a to-go cup on set
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.