- #IVapeIVote may have helped Trump back off proposed vaping ban 5 Months Ago
- Whataburger blasted for refusing to serve drag queen 5 Months Ago
- ‘Justice League’ actors show support for the Snyder Cut campaign Today 8:08 AM
- Laura Loomer may be a fringe candidate, but she’s being funded by big-time GOP donors Today 8:00 AM
- TikTok teen makes a video of his English teacher, the guy who sang ‘Story of a Girl’ Today 7:50 AM
- The teens of TikTok are doing just fine, thank you very much Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
Coffee addicts, do I have some good news for you.
You actually don’t have to rush to your nearest cafe to get a fresh cup of coffee, because there is a phone case out there that will brew it just for you.
The phone case, known as Mokase, allows for a person to insert an expresso-filled cartridge into the side of the case. After the cartridge has been entered, a button is pressed that begins the coffee brewing process.
The battery in the case then heats up the expresso and voila, instant coffee.
It even comes with a collapsible, on-the-go cup.
Coffee addicts, this phone case will change your life pic.twitter.com/xwsCbdjs1B— Mashable (@mashable) June 10, 2019
The case, which retails for $54 dollars, is perfect for someone who is a caffeine-fueled busy person–especially since a new report found that drinking up to 25 cups a day isn’t actually all that bad for your health.
People on Twitter were less than impressed with the case. Most made fun of the concept, citing capitalism–which is back at it, yet again.
Capitalism needs to be stopped.— Snarking Geoffefe (@EnterTheSwett) June 10, 2019
“Yes capitalism, this absolutely is the perfect product everyone needs. thank you innovation. Thank you,” Twitter user @MediaOffline wrote.
yes capitalism, this absolutely is the product everyone needs.— Bone Smuggler (@MediaOffline1) June 10, 2019
thank you innovation.
Others thought making a phone case that can heat up to 140 degrees is risky. Especially since phones have a history of exploding.
Yeah let’s make a phone case that heats things to 140 degrees. That sounds great.— Not Even Close (@notevenclose13) June 10, 2019
This is not the first time the phone case has garnered attention–it also made national headlines in 2017 for being so ridiculous.
- Anti-rainbow capitalism memes fight back against the corporatization of Pride
- This $15K apartment is just for Instagram influencer photo shoots
- Lyft’s in-app pronoun choices are rainbow capitalism at its worst
- ‘Game of Thrones’ really left a to-go cup on set
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.