- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
This phone case can make your coffee–and it’s as ridiculous as it seems
Coffee addicts, do I have some good news for you.
You actually don’t have to rush to your nearest cafe to get a fresh cup of coffee, because there is a phone case out there that will brew it just for you.
The phone case, known as Mokase, allows for a person to insert an expresso-filled cartridge into the side of the case. After the cartridge has been entered, a button is pressed that begins the coffee brewing process.
The battery in the case then heats up the expresso and voila, instant coffee.
It even comes with a collapsible, on-the-go cup.
Coffee addicts, this phone case will change your life pic.twitter.com/xwsCbdjs1B
— Mashable (@mashable) June 10, 2019
The case, which retails for $54 dollars, is perfect for someone who is a caffeine-fueled busy person–especially since a new report found that drinking up to 25 cups a day isn’t actually all that bad for your health.
People on Twitter were less than impressed with the case. Most made fun of the concept, citing capitalism–which is back at it, yet again.
Capitalism needs to be stopped.
— Snarking Geoffefe (@EnterTheSwett) June 10, 2019
“Yes capitalism, this absolutely is the perfect product everyone needs. thank you innovation. Thank you,” Twitter user @MediaOffline wrote.
yes capitalism, this absolutely is the product everyone needs.
thank you innovation.
— Bone Smuggler (@MediaOffline1) June 10, 2019
Others thought making a phone case that can heat up to 140 degrees is risky. Especially since phones have a history of exploding.
Yeah let’s make a phone case that heats things to 140 degrees. That sounds great.
— Not Even Close (@notevenclose13) June 10, 2019
This is not the first time the phone case has garnered attention–it also made national headlines in 2017 for being so ridiculous.
- Anti-rainbow capitalism memes fight back against the corporatization of Pride
- This $15K apartment is just for Instagram influencer photo shoots
- Lyft’s in-app pronoun choices are rainbow capitalism at its worst
- ‘Game of Thrones’ really left a to-go cup on set
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.