- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Dr. Chuck Tingle, the mysterious erotic author behind books like Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt and Domald Tromp Pounded in the Butt by the Handsome Russian T-Rex Who Also Peed on His Butt and Then Blackmailed Him With a Video of His Butt Getting Peed On, is about to jump off the page and pound you in the earholes with his very own podcast.
Tingle, a Billings, Montana, man who never shows his real face and has typically spoken through his helpful “son, name of Jon,” has done audio interviews in the past, but hosting a podcast is a new step toward bringing together Chuck’s “Tingleverse” and the real world.
“This is my first time as a talking man,” Tingle tells his “buckaroos” in a “special Valentine’s Day message” introducing the show.
He also brings up various bits of Tingle lore, including “son name of Jon” and “frozen wife Barbara at the bottom of the lake.” It’s been said that Tingle’s best story is his own life, and a podcast would be a great opportunity to expand on that, so let’s hope the show goes in that direction.
Pounded in the Butt by My Own Podcast is distributed by Night Vale Presents—the people behind the wildly successful surreal small-town horror-fiction podcast Welcome to Night Vale—under their new “Night Vale After Dark” label. Although it’s hosted by Dr. Tingle himself, it promises celebrity guests reading Chuck’s Tinglers.
The show is coming on March 14 (of this timeline).
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.