- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? 6 Months Ago
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 6 Months Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Today 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
Long before Christina Hendricks was blowing us away with her acting chops on Mad Men, she was cutting her teeth as a model.
The 44-year-old actress revealed her former past time in a post to Instagram on Thursday. “Fun fact,” Hendricks wrote alongside a picture of the poster for 1999’s American Beauty. “Wait for it…I used to be a model and sometimes a hand model…. this is my hand and another model’s stomach….proud to be a part if this film in ANY WAY!!!”
Hendricks fans were delighted to discover the fun fact and were quick to express their glee online. “This is the most incredible fact I have learnt all year,” Instagram user cocorocha wrote. “My mind is blown.”
“Girl you can’t post something like this outta nowhere,” another Instagram user wrote. “OMFGGGG this is cinematic history.” Even Hendricks’ former Mad Men co-stars were surprised. “This is important. How come I didn’t know this,” January Jones wrote. Alison Brie and Ben Feldman echoed her sentiment.
Instagram users weren’t the only ones to express their excitement over the news, either. All over the web, fans of Hendricks chimed in.
“THE HAND IN THE AMERICAN BEAUTY POSTER IS MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTINA HENDRICKS,” one user wrote.
🚨🚨🌹🌹🚨🚨 THE HAND IN THE AMERICAN BEAUTY POSTER IS MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTINA HENDRICKS!!! pic.twitter.com/sNATXXxX4g— Jorge Molina (@colormejorge) August 23, 2019
Remember when Christina Hendricks gave Karen Elson a modeling career? https://t.co/y9IkbUi12x— Really Rich Italian Satanist (@JarrodT83) August 23, 2019
I’ve been stanning Christina Hendricks for 10 years and yet I didn’t know this https://t.co/GhdAPbKtFH— giuli (@sallydrapper) August 23, 2019
A few commenters, both on Instagram and Twitter, expressed some degree of confusion over the decision to use two separate models for the shot. “I’m curious, what was wrong with her hand,” evxllin wrote on Instagram. “You have beautiful ones, but that’s SO random lol.”
While some people were busy being shook at the news, others poked fun at the popular actress and her announcement. “But it’s also Christina Hendricks’ foot in all the Tarantino movies,” Twitter user Chris Feil wrote.
But it’s also Christina Hendricks’ foot in all the Tarantino movies.— Chris Feil (@chrisvfeil) August 23, 2019
Wait, did we all know this was Christina Hendricks hand pic.twitter.com/CgCnp8ew4L— Sam Herbst (@mrsamherbst) August 23, 2019
Christina Hendricks, are you saying this AMERICAN BEAUTY trivia that had been etched into my memory all those years ago is a lie? IMDb, you have failed us all. pic.twitter.com/76rIGOFvyo— Rhiannon (@NannonHarry) August 23, 2019
We will never look at American Beauty the same again.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.