- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it 5 Months Ago
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack 5 Months Ago
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. 5 Months Ago
- Professional media person: Poor people have money but they just waste it on ‘benders’ Today 10:22 AM
- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) Today 9:29 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez blasts media over home reports after Coast Guard member’s hit list revealed Today 8:52 AM
- Are you being harassed by a Bernie Bro or a Bernie bot? Today 7:30 AM
- Jason Reitman is empowering toxic ‘Ghostbusters’ fanboys Today 6:55 AM
- The Twitter accounts taking on journalism’s straight, white, cis male problem Today 6:30 AM
- 12 essential Amazon Echo accessories for your smart home Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘A Place to Call Home’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
A new Twitter account has convincing proof that Chris Evans is a golden retriever
We might debate about who is the best Chris until the end of time, but Chris Evans may have emerged above the others for a very simple reason. On top of literally being Captain America at times, he also has the very key distinction of doubling as a golden retriever.
We should’ve known, really. The signs were in front of our faces the entire time.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 24, 2018
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 26, 2018
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 27, 2018
This public service is thanks to @retrievans, a Twitter account that operates similarly to @tessasgoats in that it posts photos of Evans looking very similar to a golden retriever. The account doesn’t limit itself to any one of Evans’ roles, set photos, magazine shoots, or promotional tour shots, and it’s all the better for it.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 28, 2018
The account’s been posting since Sept. 24, but it only appears to have gone viral in the past day with its follower count rising from a few hundred to tens of thousands in a matter of hours. Both Evans and golden retrievers garner strong reactions on their own, but when you put them together? It’s practically catnip—and we could all use those wholesome photos in our feed.
Besides, we can’t argue with the evidence that Evans might actually be a golden retriever.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) October 1, 2018
It’s almost uncanny, really.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 29, 2018
Evans has yet to publicly comment on @retrievans, but he is among one of the more than 21,000 people who follow the account, so he’s on board with it enough to add it to his Twitter feed.
And now we’re all patiently awaiting even more proof.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.