- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash (updated) Saturday 10:22 AM
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Saturday 8:30 AM
A new Twitter account has convincing proof that Chris Evans is a golden retriever
We might debate about who is the best Chris until the end of time, but Chris Evans may have emerged above the others for a very simple reason. On top of literally being Captain America at times, he also has the very key distinction of doubling as a golden retriever.
We should’ve known, really. The signs were in front of our faces the entire time.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 24, 2018
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 26, 2018
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 27, 2018
This public service is thanks to @retrievans, a Twitter account that operates similarly to @tessasgoats in that it posts photos of Evans looking very similar to a golden retriever. The account doesn’t limit itself to any one of Evans’ roles, set photos, magazine shoots, or promotional tour shots, and it’s all the better for it.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 28, 2018
The account’s been posting since Sept. 24, but it only appears to have gone viral in the past day with its follower count rising from a few hundred to tens of thousands in a matter of hours. Both Evans and golden retrievers garner strong reactions on their own, but when you put them together? It’s practically catnip—and we could all use those wholesome photos in our feed.
Besides, we can’t argue with the evidence that Evans might actually be a golden retriever.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) October 1, 2018
It’s almost uncanny, really.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 29, 2018
Evans has yet to publicly comment on @retrievans, but he is among one of the more than 21,000 people who follow the account, so he’s on board with it enough to add it to his Twitter feed.
And now we’re all patiently awaiting even more proof.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.