- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
We might debate about who is the best Chris until the end of time, but Chris Evans may have emerged above the others for a very simple reason. On top of literally being Captain America at times, he also has the very key distinction of doubling as a golden retriever.
We should’ve known, really. The signs were in front of our faces the entire time.
This public service is thanks to @retrievans, a Twitter account that operates similarly to @tessasgoats in that it posts photos of Evans looking very similar to a golden retriever. The account doesn’t limit itself to any one of Evans’ roles, set photos, magazine shoots, or promotional tour shots, and it’s all the better for it.
The account’s been posting since Sept. 24, but it only appears to have gone viral in the past day with its follower count rising from a few hundred to tens of thousands in a matter of hours. Both Evans and golden retrievers garner strong reactions on their own, but when you put them together? It’s practically catnip—and we could all use those wholesome photos in our feed.
Besides, we can’t argue with the evidence that Evans might actually be a golden retriever.
It’s almost uncanny, really.
Evans has yet to publicly comment on @retrievans, but he is among one of the more than 21,000 people who follow the account, so he’s on board with it enough to add it to his Twitter feed.
And now we’re all patiently awaiting even more proof.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.