- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Tuesday 3:27 PM
We might debate about who is the best Chris until the end of time, but Chris Evans may have emerged above the others for a very simple reason. On top of literally being Captain America at times, he also has the very key distinction of doubling as a golden retriever.
We should’ve known, really. The signs were in front of our faces the entire time.
This public service is thanks to @retrievans, a Twitter account that operates similarly to @tessasgoats in that it posts photos of Evans looking very similar to a golden retriever. The account doesn’t limit itself to any one of Evans’ roles, set photos, magazine shoots, or promotional tour shots, and it’s all the better for it.
The account’s been posting since Sept. 24, but it only appears to have gone viral in the past day with its follower count rising from a few hundred to tens of thousands in a matter of hours. Both Evans and golden retrievers garner strong reactions on their own, but when you put them together? It’s practically catnip—and we could all use those wholesome photos in our feed.
Besides, we can’t argue with the evidence that Evans might actually be a golden retriever.
It’s almost uncanny, really.
Evans has yet to publicly comment on @retrievans, but he is among one of the more than 21,000 people who follow the account, so he’s on board with it enough to add it to his Twitter feed.
And now we’re all patiently awaiting even more proof.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.