- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
A new Twitter account has convincing proof that Chris Evans is a golden retriever
We might debate about who is the best Chris until the end of time, but Chris Evans may have emerged above the others for a very simple reason. On top of literally being Captain America at times, he also has the very key distinction of doubling as a golden retriever.
We should’ve known, really. The signs were in front of our faces the entire time.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 24, 2018
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 26, 2018
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 27, 2018
This public service is thanks to @retrievans, a Twitter account that operates similarly to @tessasgoats in that it posts photos of Evans looking very similar to a golden retriever. The account doesn’t limit itself to any one of Evans’ roles, set photos, magazine shoots, or promotional tour shots, and it’s all the better for it.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 28, 2018
The account’s been posting since Sept. 24, but it only appears to have gone viral in the past day with its follower count rising from a few hundred to tens of thousands in a matter of hours. Both Evans and golden retrievers garner strong reactions on their own, but when you put them together? It’s practically catnip—and we could all use those wholesome photos in our feed.
Besides, we can’t argue with the evidence that Evans might actually be a golden retriever.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) October 1, 2018
It’s almost uncanny, really.
— Chris Evans as Golden Retrievers (@retrievans) September 29, 2018
Evans has yet to publicly comment on @retrievans, but he is among one of the more than 21,000 people who follow the account, so he’s on board with it enough to add it to his Twitter feed.
And now we’re all patiently awaiting even more proof.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.