- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 2 Years Ago
- How to watch Disney XD online for free 2 Years Ago
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
Chris Christie says Donald Trump forced him to eat meatloaf at the White House
Unsurprisingly, the internet loved this scenario.
Meatloaf is the dinner of the 1960s blue-collar family, the kind of meal a man or woman can scarf down before they head off to bowling league and, then, the bar afterward where they could smoke a cheap cigar and drink Schlitz off the tap.
Meatloaf—with its ground chuck, its breadcrumbs, its peppers, and its ketchup—is also totally delicious, which is probably why President Donald Trump loves it. Loves it so much that he forced New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to eat it this week at the White House on Valentine’s Day.
Trump apparently allowed everybody at the dinner party to order whatever they wanted from the White House kitchen. But not Christie, everybody’s favorite pre-election Trump gofer. Nope, Trump said Christie must have the meatloaf. So, Christie ate the meatloaf.
And goddamn it, he must have loved it, because meatloaf brings some of us back to a time when America was great.
“This is what it’s like to be with Trump,” Christie said, via the New York Daily News. “He says, ‘There’s the menu, you guys order whatever you want.’ And then he says, ‘Chris, you and I are going to have the meatloaf.'”
That decree came because Christie said Trump told him that the meatloaf is fabulous. Trump, though, seems to think all meatloaf is fabulous. He’s ordered it at steakhouses that didn’t actually have it on the menu, and he’s made it with Martha Stewart for TV audiences who dire need of entertainment.
But maybe not everybody loves meatloaf as much as Trump, so it seems kind of sadistic for the president to make Christie eat it (though, to be fair, Trump usually trends toward sadistic when Christie is somewhere nearby). Either way, the internet found it hilarious.
@TheRickWilson Wait until next week when Meatloaf is a guest at the White House and Trump makes him eat Chris Christie.
— Harry Henderson (@Sasquatch_Harry) February 17, 2017
Meatloaf might be the perfect meal for the voter who wants Trump to turn this country around and make it the way it used to be. Meatloaf is powerful and meatloaf is tasty, but meatloaf by itself probably can’t make America great again. Still, don’t be disappointed. After all, two out of three ain’t bad.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.