- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Chris Christie says Donald Trump forced him to eat meatloaf at the White House
Unsurprisingly, the internet loved this scenario.
Meatloaf is the dinner of the 1960s blue-collar family, the kind of meal a man or woman can scarf down before they head off to bowling league and, then, the bar afterward where they could smoke a cheap cigar and drink Schlitz off the tap.
Meatloaf—with its ground chuck, its breadcrumbs, its peppers, and its ketchup—is also totally delicious, which is probably why President Donald Trump loves it. Loves it so much that he forced New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to eat it this week at the White House on Valentine’s Day.
Trump apparently allowed everybody at the dinner party to order whatever they wanted from the White House kitchen. But not Christie, everybody’s favorite pre-election Trump gofer. Nope, Trump said Christie must have the meatloaf. So, Christie ate the meatloaf.
And goddamn it, he must have loved it, because meatloaf brings some of us back to a time when America was great.
“This is what it’s like to be with Trump,” Christie said, via the New York Daily News. “He says, ‘There’s the menu, you guys order whatever you want.’ And then he says, ‘Chris, you and I are going to have the meatloaf.'”
That decree came because Christie said Trump told him that the meatloaf is fabulous. Trump, though, seems to think all meatloaf is fabulous. He’s ordered it at steakhouses that didn’t actually have it on the menu, and he’s made it with Martha Stewart for TV audiences who dire need of entertainment.
But maybe not everybody loves meatloaf as much as Trump, so it seems kind of sadistic for the president to make Christie eat it (though, to be fair, Trump usually trends toward sadistic when Christie is somewhere nearby). Either way, the internet found it hilarious.
@TheRickWilson Wait until next week when Meatloaf is a guest at the White House and Trump makes him eat Chris Christie.
— Harry Henderson (@Sasquatch_Harry) February 17, 2017
Meatloaf might be the perfect meal for the voter who wants Trump to turn this country around and make it the way it used to be. Meatloaf is powerful and meatloaf is tasty, but meatloaf by itself probably can’t make America great again. Still, don’t be disappointed. After all, two out of three ain’t bad.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.